Um, how do I get transcripts sent to LSAC? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
2010trojan

New

Um, how do I get transcripts sent to LSAC?

Post by 2010trojan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:16 pm

I'm currently overseas and now I'm trying to put together applications. I just registered my college on the bachelor's degree-granting institution part of transcripts. It currently says transcript recieved: no.

So let me know if I'm missing a step here: I'm supposed to first fill out the transcript request form, fax it to my college's transcript office (will it be ok via fax? there's a barcode and all, not sure if the barcode will get screwed up), then call the transcript office to confirm that they received my faxed transcript request form, then order a transcript to LSAC on the spot while reminding them that they're supposed to staple the transcript request form on the transcript I'm currently buying to LSAT.

All good?

Bumi

Silver

Re: Um, how do I get transcripts sent to LSAC?

Post by Bumi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:19 pm

I mailed a check, the LSAC form, and the transcript request form to both schools (they both asked for $5 for processing). They figured out what to do pretty well. No reason you couldn't do the same from overseas - but also no reason why fax couldn't work too.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:22 pm

If it's too much hassle or takes too much time to send that cover form to your UG, then just skip it and order a transcript to be sent to LSAC (most UGs have online ordering). LSAC can process it just fine without the cover form.

Bumi

Silver

Post by Bumi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:32 pm

By the way - you say "order it on the spot." But both of the UG schools I ordered transcripts from had specific forms they wanted to be filled out to get a transcript requested. Are you sure your UG doesn't?

2010trojan

New

Post by 2010trojan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:02 pm

Bumi wrote:I mailed a check, the LSAC form, and the transcript request form
Thanks for the quick replies. Check for the fee for getting my transcript sent to LSAC, transcript request form meaning the form from the LSAC website... what's the middle one, the LSAC form?
im_blue wrote:If it's too much hassle or takes too much time to send that cover form to your UG, then just skip it and order a transcript to be sent to LSAC (most UGs have online ordering). LSAC can process it just fine without the cover form.
By cover form are you referring to the LSAC transcript request form? Or the "LSAC form" Bumi is referring to? I thought there were only two pieces of paper involved here: the LSAC transcript request form and the transcript from my college, both which must be sent to LSAC, stapled to each other.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

am588

New

Post by am588 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:06 pm

if your ug sends the transcript directly to lsac, it can be processed without the lsac form

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:11 pm

2010trojan wrote:
im_blue wrote:If it's too much hassle or takes too much time to send that cover form to your UG, then just skip it and order a transcript to be sent to LSAC (most UGs have online ordering). LSAC can process it just fine without the cover form.
By cover form are you referring to the LSAC transcript request form? Or the "LSAC form" Bumi is referring to? I thought there were only two pieces of paper involved here: the LSAC transcript request form and the transcript from my college, both which must be sent to LSAC, stapled to each other.
The LSAC transcript request form is optional, even though LSAC claims it's required.
Last edited by im_blue on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:11 pm

2010trojan wrote:I'm currently overseas and now I'm trying to put together applications. I just registered my college on the bachelor's degree-granting institution part of transcripts. It currently says transcript recieved: no.

So let me know if I'm missing a step here: I'm supposed to first fill out the transcript request form, fax it to my college's transcript office (will it be ok via fax? there's a barcode and all, not sure if the barcode will get screwed up), then call the transcript office to confirm that they received my faxed transcript request form, then order a transcript to LSAC on the spot while reminding them that they're supposed to staple the transcript request form on the transcript I'm currently buying to LSAT.

All good?
This sounds perfectly fine. As long as your UG allows you to order a transcript over the phone and doesn't require any other forms (from replies it seems some people's UGs require them to send in a request form, to the UG, in order to get their transcripts sent to LSAC). Also, they do not need to staple the form to your transcript, it just needs to be in the same envelope as your transcript. After you have done all of that it can takes weeks for your transcripts to be received by LSAC (they will be mailed and then processed). Mine took about a week I think, but I've heard of them taking much longer.

ETA: your transcripts MUST be sent directly from your UG to LSAC. Form or not.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”