Is it realistic to apply with this on my record?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
AreJay711

Re: Is it realistic to apply with this on my record?

Postby AreJay711 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:08 pm

Well I am a sucker but I believe you. I've seen the idiocy of local courts, gov't agencies, and police myself so it doesn't seem unreasonable to me. If you didn't do it don't say you did but do explain exactly what happened and why you plead guilty. The police probably came because the pharmacy called saying a prescription had been tampered with and it was standard procedure from there. Cops just report what they see and let courts make the decision about if a crime was actually broken or not. An addendum may be necessary but just explain why you plead guilty and that if you had been better informed you would not make the same decision again. Own the decision to plead guilt but don't be dishonest... and yea

ScaredWorkedBored

Re: Is it realistic to apply with this on my record?

Postby ScaredWorkedBored » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:15 pm

Not really sure how you say you weren't ever arrested, yet charged with a felony...

You might want to start by clarifying with the agencies and courts in question what your paper record actually is. Right now it sounds like you believe "A" but don't understand why "B" is showing up. This is the sort of thing where all mistakes are on you - no law school or bar is going to be particularly inclined to believe you were not arrested for a felony you were charged in court for. Ditto the "it was thrown out" when court record says something else.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”