Very basic application question: LSAC website have it all? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Silver

Very basic application question: LSAC website have it all?

Post by 2807 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:25 pm

I understand the LSAC website is the place to do this, but when I click on a school in my "list" and select a term (that is as close as I have got).. will the website give me everything I need? OR do you all go to every school and get more info and requirements?

So, basically, is the LSAC site everything or just a start?

Taking the Oct LSAT, and hope to do all my apps in the 3 weeks while I wait for the score. Is that a reasonable timeframe to do apps? Are they long drawn out deals, or just basic info?

My PS, and transcripts are in, 1 out of 3 LOR.

Thanks folks.

NJcollegestudent

Bronze

Re: Very basic application question: LSAC website have it all?

Post by NJcollegestudent » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:29 pm

The applications are really quite simple, with your information, employment and undergraduate work, integrity questions, and then the personal statements. The common information form saves alot of time, and resumes are typically equally viewed by most schools. With the personal statement, reusing it is not incorrect as long as the questions do not vary. Three weeks should be enough time to finish all of them and the personal statement.

Also, LSAC should be everything unless you need a dean's certification or a certification letter to be mailed. Most schools collect their fee via LSAC.

Silver

Post by 2807 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:40 pm

Hey thank you. I just clicked in and started.. I see the "common info" section and am doing that now. Do you click on - and add- all of your employment history and all that? I am older so I have a few on that list, and dnot really fall into the category of people for the "summer job" part. I assume we all just skip over what does not apply?

It wants employment history "full time" and "part time"..... then it wants me to break it down again into what (if any) of those jobs I did while in school?

Is this correct? Thanks

EDIT: In the common info form for employment history it asks for "Location". Are you guys putting the street address, city/state/zip? Or what? "Location" is an odd way of asking for the address, and it does not give you a whole lot of space. IS CITY/STATE what they want?

help?

NJcollegestudent

Bronze

Post by NJcollegestudent » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:03 pm

I do believe that when it comes to the employment history it depends on the school. Some simply ask for a resume, while some ask for full time in college, part time in college and after college. I would just list as many as possible and continue it on an attachment if needed. For the addresses if you can you should try and put the full one, and if not possible the city and zip code.

Silver

Post by 2807 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:20 am

NJcollegestudent wrote:I do believe that when it comes to the employment history it depends on the school. Some simply ask for a resume, while some ask for full time in college, part time in college and after college. I would just list as many as possible and continue it on an attachment if needed. For the addresses if you can you should try and put the full one, and if not possible the city and zip code.

Thanks. The employment part I am referring to is on the "common info" section so the school-specific issue you speak of may not be helping me :( . What do you all list in there? If you have a full or part time job, do you list it in the employment section--- and then list it AGAIN in the "during school employment section" ?

Also, for all of you that have/had jobs, and filled this out-- what did you put in the box for "location" ? Are they referring to "address"? Who says location when they want address? That is odd for this level and this process. Because space is so limited, I have to assume they mean City/State. ??

Location? WTF?

Thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Silver

Post by 2807 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:20 am

double post. oops

haydee

New

Post by haydee » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:26 am

For "Location", I put City, State.

As far as I know, schools do NOT receive the Common Information form. It's mostly there to help you fill out the Primary Application. So don't stress out about it too much.

Silver

Post by 2807 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:20 pm

Oh. That is interesting. So that common info is not used to auto-populate?

Anyone else have info on what the "common info" section is for?

We all have to do this right? Seems like we should have quite a few folks with experience here. I hope they can chime in.

Thanks

haydee

New

Post by haydee » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:30 pm

It's used to auto-populate, but that's all it's used for. Just make sure that you format dates and addresses in the way each individual school wants them, since this varies (MM/YY vs. MM/YYYY, etc).

Silver

Post by 2807 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:44 pm

Thanks for the tip. So, I assume the theory is to closely review every app for every school and watch for little things like that too?! Man, thank you.

One more dumb question: Each school will have an app I fill out, and a link to send additional info? That additional info is where we upload our PS, and addendum's, and whatever.... right?

Thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”