Permanent address on LSAC registration

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Permanent address on LSAC registration

Postby allthegoodnamesrtkn » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:58 am

This is my first post here and I am in the beginning stages of thinking through all of this law school stuff. I am currently registering with LSAC, and I am wondering which address to put as my permanent address. Yes I know, permanent usually means permanent, and in my case that would be my parents. The thing is, they live in West Virginia, and I live in Oregon and have for the last three years. I will also be here at said Oregon address for at least two more years (I am currently pursuing a master's degree). So, I was wondering, does LSAC and/or law schools send important information only to the permanent address, or will I be able to enter my current address on each individual application. I have read where people say they receive copious amounts of junk mail from schools at their permanent address, which I would surely like to avoid, but I also do not want to miss any important things and deal with my parents forwarding it on to me. So, is it safe to enter my current address as permanent, or should I put my real permanent address on the registration form. Thanks for your help, and sorry for making this so long.

Re: Permanent address on LSAC registration

Postby DearCan » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:04 am

If you're going to be at your Oregon address throughout the entirety of your cycle, just use that as your permanent address. Save your parents some grief.

Eugenie Danglars

Re: Permanent address on LSAC registration

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:39 am

I'm in a similar situation. I'll be at this location until I matriculate, so I'm using my current as my permanent.

I would imagine the permanent vs. current thing is mostly for people still in UG who shuttle back and forth between campus and parents a few times a year.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”