Faxing LORs Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bofaem

New

Faxing LORs

Post by bofaem » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:35 am

I know it's been brought up many times, but where can I find LSACs fax #? i looked everywhere, and also the LOR form specifically notes that it should be mailed with the letter...

osalinas44

New

Re: Faxing LORs

Post by osalinas44 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:39 am

the fax number is 1 (215) 504-1444 I called LSAC and got the number. Also I called and they said they can be faxed and processed much sooner but, they have to be faxed by the recommender along with the form you have to sign. Hope this helps. And I also have called them three different times to be sure that you didn't have to mail in the LOR's if you faxed them.

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:05 pm

osalinas44 wrote:the fax number is 1 (215) 504-1444 I called LSAC and got the number. Also I called and they said they can be faxed and processed much sooner but, they have to be faxed by the recommender along with the form you have to sign. Hope this helps. And I also have called them three different times to be sure that you didn't have to mail in the LOR's if you faxed them.
In that case, is it advisable to fax instead of snail mail? Will law schools look at this as slightly less credible since its not received in an envelope with the printed school's name as the sender?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:26 pm

angiej wrote:In that case, is it advisable to fax instead of snail mail? Will law schools look at this as slightly less credible since its not received in an envelope with the printed school's name as the sender?
I'm pretty sure LSAC cracks open all the snail mail LOR's, scans them in and then sends them out to law schools when you attach them to your application.

It makes no difference whether you fax or snailmail, except faxing will get it in faster (couple of days versus couple of weeks).

dabbadon8

Silver

Post by dabbadon8 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:29 pm

Faxed one yesterday, up today. The snail mail ones took close to 2 weeks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:30 pm

bk187 wrote:
angiej wrote:In that case, is it advisable to fax instead of snail mail? Will law schools look at this as slightly less credible since its not received in an envelope with the printed school's name as the sender?
I'm pretty sure LSAC cracks open all the snail mail LOR's, scans them in and then sends them out to law schools when you attach them to your application.

It makes no difference whether you fax or snailmail, except faxing will get it in faster (couple of days versus couple of weeks).
If my professor uses an "official" university cover letter will that be scanned? I want it to be clear that it is just as "official" as if it were mailed.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:00 pm

angiej wrote:If my professor uses an "official" university cover letter will that be scanned? I want it to be clear that it is just as "official" as if it were mailed.
I doubt anybody on TLS knows. Call LSAC and ask. I assume they would whether it was faxed or mailed, but double checking cannot hurt.

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:03 pm

bk187 wrote:
angiej wrote:If my professor uses an "official" university cover letter will that be scanned? I want it to be clear that it is just as "official" as if it were mailed.
I doubt anybody on TLS knows. Call LSAC and ask. I assume they would whether it was faxed or mailed, but double checking cannot hurt.
Just got off the phone with LSAC, they said they would scan the cover letter to and that this is considered just as authentic or official as if it were snail mailed. The representative also provided me with the same number previously mentioned in the thread.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:10 pm

angiej wrote:Just got off the phone with LSAC, they said they would scan the cover letter to and that this is considered just as authentic or official as if it were snail mailed. The representative also provided me with the same number previously mentioned in the thread.
I honestly wonder why they don't post it on their website.

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:36 pm

FYI, last wednesday I had a prof fax an LOR and it showed up in my account an hour later. On the same day, my employer snail mailed his LOR (verified by the fact I placed it in the outgoing mail box) and it has not yet shown up in my account. Faxing LOR's FTW!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”