Joint Degree Program question... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ltrutledge

New

Joint Degree Program question...

Post by ltrutledge » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:15 pm

I would really like to apply for a JD/MPP program. The MPP program accepts the LSAT as the standardized testing format as long as you indicate joint degree and you have to be accepted by both programs separately.

If you get into the masters program and not the law school program under joint degree, does the second program also revoke admission or can you still enroll in the master's program and try again for the JD next year?

El_Gallo

Bronze

Re: Joint Degree Program question...

Post by El_Gallo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:39 pm

I don't know the answer to your question but just out of curiosity, why do you want to get a joint jd/mmp degree and where are you planning on going to school?

twopoodles

Bronze

Post by twopoodles » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:42 pm

I am sure this varies by school, at least to some degree. My guess is if you are admitted, you are admitted and that won't go away, but if you get into the masters and not the law, you might be better off to just finish the masters, then apply for the jd program.

I know the school where I am attending will not let you do a joint degree with a JD unless the other masters/phd program is started at the same time or later. In other words, if you are already in the masters program, they are not going to take any credit from it.

ltrutledge

New

Post by ltrutledge » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:08 pm

I want the joint degree because I want to live/work in DC. I'm here now and I love it, and there are so many career paths here where you really do need both degrees. I'm looking at GULC and GW. I'm a politics junkie. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”