Negotiating scholarship Money when deposited at two schools Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Conflicted2013

New

Negotiating scholarship Money when deposited at two schools

Post by Conflicted2013 » Sat May 22, 2010 9:06 pm

Here is my situation...

I currently hold a seat deposit at two T30 schools tied in ranking. I would prefer to attend one school over the other, however the scholarship package offered at that school is a third of the offer at the other school (10k vs 30k a year, no stipulations). I attempted to negotiate with the 10k school prior to the first seat deposit, however was unsuccessful.

As the deposit deadline approaches for the 2nd deposit at both schools, is there any tactful way to ask for more scholarship money?

I dont like the idea of begging for money at this point, but I feel I have nothing to lose by asking.

Has anybody ever attempted this prior or have any advice on how to approach the topic?

MURPH

Silver

Re: Negotiating scholarship Money when deposited at two schools

Post by MURPH » Mon May 24, 2010 7:56 pm

On the best of TLS page there is a thread on scholarships that details this. It runs over 6 pages but it has a great deal of information. basically you need to negotiate. Let them know the competeing offers and be ready to walk if they don't give you $$.

lawman2010

Bronze

Re: Negotiating scholarship Money when deposited at two schools

Post by lawman2010 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:02 pm

I got a scholly doubled. But like last poster said, check out other threads. It's pretty straightforward. Tell them they're your #1 choice, tell them why you need more money, and back it up with copy of other offer.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”