When to apply?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

When to apply?

Postby smoneill88 » Thu May 06, 2010 2:50 am

Hello Everyone,

New to the forum, so no trolling.

I haven't really done my due diligence regarding actually applying to law schools. I have a rough handle on letters of rec., I think I'm pretty set RE essays, but I have no idea about when to apply, or what I have come to know on the forum are called "cycles." I am taking the LSAT in June, and will have pretty much everything else (pertaining to the rest of my application materials) good to go right then, so I just need to know when is the appropriate time to apply? Does each school have an "opening day" per se, that they have publicly available? Is it ideal, regardless, to send in your application as soon as possible once they open for applications?

If it matters, the schools that I'm really looking to apply to are:

Boston U and Boston C

Thanks for any input.

Re: When to apply?

Postby tadams86 » Thu May 06, 2010 2:52 am

I think most apps are available in September-October, so the earlier the better as schools are on rolling admissions. Obviously all your application materials are going through LSAC, and they should have the release dates on there or on the school websites. Good luck on the LSAT, hope you have a rocking GPA as well.

Postby Osos » Thu May 06, 2010 2:55 am

All these schools will begin accepting applications in September.

Postby bk1 » Thu May 06, 2010 2:55 am

Yes. Most schools list this date on their website. For most of them it is 1/15/31 of September, October, or November, IIRC.

Because of rolling admissions you should get your app in ASAP though they don't start reviewing them for a few weeks I believe.

Postby smoneill88 » Fri May 07, 2010 2:12 am

Excellent. Thanks a bunch everyone!

Postby vexion » Fri May 07, 2010 3:24 am

http://www.appreqs.com should list the exact date admissions open for every school.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”