My story...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

My story...

Postby hous » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:18 am

I graduated from a large Florida University 6 months ago, god it feels like its been so much longer. I had a 3.47 gpa and scored a 157 on the LSAT. I was pretty depressed with my score but you got to move on. I moved to China a couple weeks after graduating and have been here since working in a Chinese University as a English teacher even though my students are just 1-2 years younger than me (I just turned 23).

I'll be honest, I never felt like law school was my calling mainly because I had a pretty big fear of speaking. Unfortunately my professors challenged me academically but never pushed us to do public speaking. It was my problem, I should have forced myself into public speaking more. I have done quiet a bit of public speaking now and I feel much more comfortable with it.

So I'm in China, studying Mandarin and enjoying life here. However my entire time here feels like a vacation. The job is easy, and I have too much free time on my hands. I had good study habits before I moved to China but I feel like I wasted the last 6 months. I think I'm going to start studying for the LSAT again.

Re: My story...

Postby twert » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:20 am

good luck, happy studying.

Postby MURPH » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:12 am

Sounds like you got a good life and a good plan. Retake in June. Apply in september. Enjoy your vacation for another 16 months or so.

Postby blsingindisguise » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:15 am

You don't really need public speaking to be a lawyer - trial lawyers are a pretty small percentage of the practice.

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:52 am

blsingindisguise wrote:You don't really need public speaking to be a lawyer - trial lawyers are a pretty small percentage of the practice.

I'm a little alarmed that this wasn't the first comment. Yikes, TLS.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”