Need Your Opinion!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Need Your Opinion!

Postby NetworkLawyer » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:48 pm

Here is long-story short:

164 LSAT
3.4 GPA

Applied rather late (end of December/early January) in Fall 2008 for Fall 2009 Full-Time Enrollment to a bevvy of schools here in Southern California (Loyola, Pepperdine, USD, USC, UCLA). Accepted to Loyola, Pepperdine, and USD with Scholarships. Chose USD, but chose to defer enrollment to 2010 for personal/family reasons. I had to give up my scholarship in order to do this.

As it stands: I have a seat saved for Fall 2010 to USD, no scholarship, but I may need to withdraw app this time around as I have since started a new business venture and will, foreseeably, not have the time to commit to Law School this Fall. I have no problem in doing this as my new venture is providing me with a great amount of experience and insight into the business world, as well as into the world of corporate and business law (which I now ultimately want to pursue).

My question is this:

Since I am confident that I would again get accepted with a good chance at scholarship money to the same schools if I re-applied for Fall 2011 (I'd make sure to apply extra early this time around, too), does it make sense to you for me to withdraw my app from USD and fully re-apply to all of the same schools again in 2011 with updated resume, personal statement, LoR's, and a nice addendum?

What would you do if you were in my position? Thanks in advance for your input!

Re: Need Your Opinion!

Postby Puffy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:11 pm

What would I do in your shoes? I would probably work on my business venture and see how that pans out.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”