question regarding scholarship Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
yung

Bronze

question regarding scholarship

Post by yung » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:07 am

Hey guys I just got accepted to Fordham law school and I am wondering if you guys can help me with a few scholarship questions?
First, do they usually offer scholarship right off the bet if you are qualified or do they wait for you to ask for it? And if they wait, how exactly should I approach this issue?
Second, the fact that it is so late in the game will it diminish my chances of getting a scholarship?
As of now I have only gotten the email notifying my acceptance and it states that a formal one will be sent out very soon.
I am very interested in attending Fordham as it can be seen in my other posts so any help would be greatly appreciated!
My stats are: 170 and 3.49

stratocophic

Gold

Re: question regarding scholarship

Post by stratocophic » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:27 am

yung wrote:Hey guys I just got accepted to Fordham law school and I am wondering if you guys can help me with a few scholarship questions?
First, do they usually offer scholarship right off the bet if you are qualified or do they wait for you to ask for it? And if they wait, how exactly should I approach this issue?
Second, the fact that it is so late in the game will it diminish my chances of getting a scholarship?
As of now I have only gotten the email notifying my acceptance and it states that a formal one will be sent out very soon.
I am very interested in attending Fordham as it can be seen in my other posts so any help would be greatly appreciated!
My stats are: 170 and 3.49
1) Call their admissions office and ask when/if you can expect scholarship information.
2) Quite possibly. Acceptances and scholarship dollars are scarce this late in the cycle. I was burned by that fact at Georgetown. Never hurts to ask, they won't rescind your acceptance or anything :wink:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”