Admissions councils and spring break... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
icydash

Bronze

Admissions councils and spring break...

Post by icydash » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:46 pm

Do admissions councils take off for spring break? I know most law schools are having their spring break now, and the majority of the administrative offices are closed over break. I would assume that would go for admissions too, except this is like their busiest time of year. Anyone have any insight into this? Am I going to have to wait yet another week for my decisions?!

Thanks.

starsong

Bronze

Re: Admissions councils and spring break...

Post by starsong » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:57 pm

icydash wrote:Do admissions councils take off for spring break? I know most law schools are having their spring break now, and the majority of the administrative offices are closed over break. I would assume that would go for admissions too, except this is like their busiest time of year. Anyone have any insight into this? Am I going to have to wait yet another week for my decisions?!

Thanks.
Last year, NYU Law was on "Spring Recess" from Mar. 16 - 20 (see https://its.law.nyu.edu/eventcalendar/i ... 03/20/2009), yet a bunch of decisions were received on Mar. 20 according to LSN: http://nyu.lawschoolnumbers.com/applica ... r=desc&p=2

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:58 pm

icydash wrote:Do admissions councils take off for spring break? I know most law schools are having their spring break now, and the majority of the administrative offices are closed over break. I would assume that would go for admissions too, except this is like their busiest time of year. Anyone have any insight into this? Am I going to have to wait yet another week for my decisions?!

Thanks.
UVA's Spring Break was this past week, as were many other schools'. So if you have to wait through Spring Break, depending on the school you apply to, you may have already waited through it.

icydash

Bronze

Post by icydash » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:27 pm

Interesting / good to know. Thanks for the info.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”