New LSAT Score and Letters of Continued Interest

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JD-INTIALSANDNAME

New LSAT Score and Letters of Continued Interest

Postby JD-INTIALSANDNAME » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:15 pm

Hey, I just received my February LSAT score and am wondering how to handle that in terms of the admission process. I scored a 172 on this administration, and a 165 in December. I've only heard back from OSU, Illinois (wait list for time being), and IIT. First off, how should I go about handling telling law schools about this? I have also received a major honor for undergraduate achievement since applying that I feel like might have some weight with admissions committees. Should I write a LOCI to the remaining schools (Duke, Chicago, Virginia, Indiana, BC, BU)?

The reason I retook the test is because it was the weekend before our finals and during a time in which I was still finishing assembling my credentials for application. I feel like mentioning this could go either way, but I also feel compelled to offer some explanation (in honesty, this is more in line with my practice scores, another reason I decided to retake the test).

Sorry for the long post. In summary, how to update schools still considering me, and how to phrase my LOCI.

Thanks a lot for your help!

-Jeff
OSU 2010

chutzpah

Re: New LSAT Score and Letters of Continued Interest

Postby chutzpah » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:29 pm

I'm in a similar situation.

I think your best bet is to write an email to any schools that still have not rendered a decision asking them to update your application with your February LSAT score of 172, which you believe better reflects your test-taking ability.

Might be worthwhile to write a formal LOCI mentioning this and your award, but I would get the new score in their hands ASAP. They will also be receiving an updated report from LSAC sometime soon...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”