GULC Scholarship Phone Interview

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
D Brooks

GULC Scholarship Phone Interview

Postby D Brooks » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:00 pm

So I have my alumni interview for merit scholarship consideration tomorrow afternoon.

For those who had the interview earlier in the week: what specific questions should I prepare for? what was the general demeanor of your interviewer? any general advice?

My situation is a little unique in that my GPA is very low for any T14 but a member of the admissions committee went to bat for me which secured my acceptance and my subsequent interview invitation for a merit award. I'm can't be sure if I'll get much, if any, scholarship $$ but definitely want to give this my best effort.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Amelie

Re: GULC Scholarship Phone Interview

Postby Amelie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:18 pm

PMed.

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:43 pm

D Brooks wrote:So I have my alumni interview for merit scholarship consideration tomorrow afternoon.

For those who had the interview earlier in the week: what specific questions should I prepare for? what was the general demeanor of your interviewer? any general advice?

My situation is a little unique in that my GPA is very low for any T14 but a member of the admissions committee went to bat for me which secured my acceptance and my subsequent interview invitation for a merit award. I'm can't be sure if I'll get much, if any, scholarship $$ but definitely want to give this my best effort.

How exactly did you make that happen? A friend of mine knows some people on the staff of a school i'm potentially interested in, and I was wondering what to do. I'm not sure what department they're in, or if they're UG or in the law school, but he said he knew at least 1 law professor.
Last edited by Knock on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D Brooks

Postby D Brooks » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:43 pm

maggiebre wrote:PMed.

Thank you, very helpful info! Any other points of view are appreciated!

D Brooks

Postby D Brooks » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:44 pm

Knockglock wrote:
D Brooks wrote:So I have my alumni interview for merit scholarship consideration tomorrow afternoon.

How exactly did you make that happen? A friend of mine knows some people on the staff of a school i'm potentially interested in, and I was wondering what to do. I'm not sure what department they're in, or if they're UG or in the law school, but he said he knew at least 1 law professor.

I just interviewed with the adcomm prior to my acceptance and really impressed them I guess.

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:48 pm

D Brooks wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

I just interviewed with the adcomm prior to my acceptance and really impressed them I guess.

Did you know them personally through family or anything? or how did you manage to interview with them?

brennanlives

Postby brennanlives » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:54 pm

i had mine recently. the interviewer was incredibly nice and it was more a conversation than an actual interview...lasted a little under 1/2 hour. it's very relaxed, so don't be nervous at all!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”