LOR mishap Really?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
psychlaw

LOR mishap Really?

Postby psychlaw » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:59 pm

My professors sent my LORs to LSAC with my middle name instead of my first and LSAC says they will not process them because the names on the form do not match even though it has my middle name in the account. Really? has anyone else had this problem?

roundabout

Re: LOR mishap Really?

Postby roundabout » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:23 pm

I think you might have more luck if you post this on the general admissions board. Don't know the answer to your question, though.

nahgems

Postby nahgems » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:24 pm

Is it that difficult to ask the prof to edit and re-fax them?

pany1985

Postby pany1985 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:24 pm

1. That sucks.

2. Can your professor just resend a corrected version?

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:25 pm

Moved for benefit of the OP.

Stellar

Postby Stellar » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:32 pm

An almost identical thing happened to me -- it's infuriating. (For example, if your LSAC listing is Joseph Doe but your recommender writes "Joe" Doe -- that can screw you over.) But there is a quick fix: speak to someone at LSAC and fax them a signed letter along with (i think?) your drivers license saying you are called by both names and they'll put the letters through.

P.S. Originally they were like "have your recommenders send new letters" (::ahhhhheadexplodes!!!::) -- this is their standard line so you need to ask about the possibility of faxing a correction. (::lessheadexplosion::)

Hope this helps.

BlankC

Postby BlankC » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:41 pm

A different kind of mishap, but equally displeasing. My letter somehow disappeared at LSAC. I waited months for it to get processed and ended up priority mailing a new one. >( Silly me, trusting stuff to get where I sent it.

LSAC did impress me by not freaking a poo when one of my recommenders wrote her name in JAPANESE on the letter and envelope and didn't bother spelling it out in English anywhere. I figured that would have made them pretty mad since I doubt they could read it, but it went through.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”