LSAT Addendum -- Medical Reason Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Ixiion

Bronze

LSAT Addendum -- Medical Reason

Post by Ixiion » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Hey guys. So, I tanked the June test (shock, surprise) and am writing my addendum in preparation for October. Thoughts & advice are much appreciated.
------

On May 28th, 2013, I was exiting a [NAME] mechanic shop when, as I crossed between my parked car and another parked car, the attendant exited my car while accidentally leaving it on drive. It rolled into me, crushing me between the two cars. As a result of this, I was on medication for several weeks due to extensive injuries including, but not limited to, a torn anterior talofibular ligament in my left ankle, substantial destruction of cartilage and damages to ligaments and tendons in the left knee, bursitis in both the left knee and left hip, and several displaced discs in my spine.

Nevertheless, I thought I would be able to take the LSAT on June 10th, less than two weeks later, and still perform well. I was extremely mistaken. I had opted not to take pain killers during the test as to keep my mind clear, and so I was unable to focus properly due to the pain.

In summation, I feel that my score on my first LSAT attempt (16X) is not representative of my ability, which my second attempt (17X) displays.

All medical documents will be sent to you upon request.

homie1515

Bronze

Re: LSAT Addendum -- Medical Reason

Post by homie1515 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:24 pm

I don't think that is necessary...

akg144

Bronze

Post by akg144 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:28 pm

homie1515 wrote:I don't think that is necessary...
Unless your shooting for HYS they take the best score bro, don't worry about it.

Ixiion

Bronze

Post by Ixiion » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:37 pm

Well, thanks, but in case I decide to submit it anyway, anyone have any criticism regarding the actual writing? :)

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:49 am

Ixiion wrote:Well, thanks, but in case I decide to submit it anyway, anyone have any criticism regarding the actual writing? :)
I would say that this addendum is def not going to hurt you, but it may not be necessary, depending on your October score.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:57 am

I would drop the "including but not limited to"... I'd avoid contractual wording, it just feels calculating. I would say "injuries including yada yada"

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:04 am

You don't even need to make it as "fancy" as you have it.

On Xxx date I was involved in a car accident causing me to sustain xxx injury. I decided to take the LSAT without prescribed pain medication due to side effects and was unable to concentrate due to pain.

Boom.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”