Should I write an addendum? Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
ctacoronti

New

Should I write an addendum?

Post by ctacoronti » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:52 pm

I have two potential discrepancies in my application, and am wondering if I should write addenda to clarify or just include a sentence or two in my personal statement. The two issues are:
1) I started graduate school right after undergraduate school and left because it really wasn't the right time for me to be in graduate school and because I quickly realized I was not as passionate about the subject as I had thought.
2) I found work at non-profit organizations, but have recently left my job due to location. My husband took a job out of state and I chose to follow him and could not bring my job with me. Since then, I have taken two part-time jobs while continuing to volunteer from afar.

My personal statement is what led me to work at the non-profit organizations that I did and why I strongly feel a legal career would help me fulfill my calling at those non-profits. Should I include addenda as to why I left school and why I left my job, or just include that in the personal statement?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

theadvancededit

Bronze

Re: Should I write an addendum?

Post by theadvancededit » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:43 am

You can write a super-brief addendum regarding point 1, but point 2 should be left for your PS.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”