I'm an Aerospace Engineering major... Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: I'm an Aerospace Engineering major...

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:17 pm

Brian:
If you chose to write a diversity statement, then be careful not to present yourself as being insensitive to those for whom their diverse background has presented serious challenges in life. It may be wiser to highlight your football talent & uncommon law school major in your personal statement. And, if the only law school to which you are applying is Notre Dame, then just let the coach's recommendation speak for itself.

P.S. If you have any playing eligibility left, then definitely apply to Yale & Harvard & Columbia.

P.P.S. If you're willing to forego playing this year, Stanford & Michigan may be willing to waive the LSAT & undergraduate degree requirements.

Bumi

Silver

Post by Bumi » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:17 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:If you're willing to forego playing this year, Stanford & Michigan may be willing to waive the LSAT & undergraduate degree requirements.
The undergraduate degree requirement is pretty much written in stone, right? As in, by LSAC? But I love the idea that athletics recruiting could enter into law admissions.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:27 pm

Bumi wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:If you're willing to forego playing this year, Stanford & Michigan may be willing to waive the LSAT & undergraduate degree requirements.
The undergraduate degree requirement is pretty much written in stone, right? As in, by LSAC? But I love the idea that athletics recruiting could enter into law admissions.
No I don't think it is set in stone.

I know some athletes have used law school for athletic eligibility.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”