NYU Financial Aid Stips? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Tekrul

Bronze

NYU Financial Aid Stips?

Post by Tekrul » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:14 pm

So I've recently come across this website

http://www.nyu.edu/about/policies-guide ... chive.html

that states "Most graduate schools at the University require a minimum GPA of 3.0."

and

"Each year, your current New York University academic transcript is reviewed to verify that you are in good academic standing and making normal progress toward the completion of your degree requirements. "Good standing" means that you are maintaining the minimum grade point average (GPA) required by your school or department, are earning a passing grade in a minimum of 80 percent of the courses in which you are enrolled (minimum of 66 percent for GSAS students, minimum of 75 percent for law students), and have resolved the status of any unsatisfactory grades (as defined by your school) e.g. "incomplete," "no grade," etc."

Does this include the law school?

The financial aid award notice specifically mentions "The package is contingent upon satisfactory academic progress and the other terms outlined on the attached schedule." I see the term 'progress' repeated here but not 'standing' nor GPA mentioned in the attached schedule/terms.

Does anyone know how this all works for the law school?

Danger Zone

Platinum

Re: NYU Financial Aid Stips?

Post by Danger Zone » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:12 am

Why don't you look on the law school page?

Tekrul

Bronze

Post by Tekrul » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:33 am

Only relevant info is from http://www.law.nyu.edu/financialaid/sch ... /index.htm

And it's quite cursory.

Also this does not clarify my original question of 'good academic standing', academic 'progress', and mention of GPA requirement.

Maybe I'll just call the financial aid office tomorrow.

guano

Gold

Post by guano » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:50 am

Tekrul wrote:Maybe I'll just call the [proper source] tomorrow.
This is the wisest thing I've ever seen posted on TLS

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”