NYU Financial Appeals

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.

NYU Financial Appeals

Postby neyaae » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Will NYU consider offers from MVP? Is it only merit aid they appeal, or need-based aid as well? I received $10,000 merit aid from NYU, $15,000 from Michigan, $25,000 from UVa, and $6000 merit from UPenn plus $15,000 in need-based aid. Should I include all of these offers in the appeal, or just the larger ones from UVa and UPenn? I also got a decent amount from Duke. Has anyone had success in getting larger offers from NYU with these schools?

Re: NYU Financial Appeals

Postby sgtgrumbles » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:20 am

Are these per year amounts or totals? If they're totals you'll have a tough time getting more from NYU. I'd only include the $21k from Penn and $25k from UVA (because Michigan has the same rank as Penn but gave you less money). If the Duke offer is more than $50k you should mention it, but because of its lower rank the award is unlikely to do much unless it's fairly large. I don't know if NYU distinguishes between merit and need aid, but you can just mention the total amount as your scholarship award. NYU wants appeals to include the letters from other schools, so they'll figure it out themselves anyway. Good luck.

Re: NYU Financial Appeals

Postby sonervous88 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:22 am

they are likely going to ignore you. sorry im really bitter with them right now

Return to “Financial Aid”