Vanderbilt Law Scholars 2011 - Interview

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
CreativityKing

Vanderbilt Law Scholars 2011 - Interview

Postby CreativityKing » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Just got an email from Vandy saying that my Law Scholars Merit Award application is under consideration, and asking me to call to schedule an interview with the Dean.

I've scoured (read: searched about three different strings) TLS for any info about these awards, and there just isn't a whole lot.

So, what information does anyone have? What numbers are they looking for? What softs? How intense is the interview?
Last edited by CreativityKing on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akili

Re: Vanderbilt Law Scholars 2011 - Interview

Postby akili » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:53 pm

CreativityKing wrote:Just got an email from Vandy saying that my Law Scholars Merit Award application is under consideration, and asking me to call to schedule an interview with the Dean.

I've scoured (read: searched about three different strings) TLS for any info about these awards, and there just isn't a whole lot.

So, what information does anyone have? What numbers are they looking for? What softs? How intense is the interview?

I don't have anything informative to add, but congrats! I'm jealous!

CreativityKing

Postby CreativityKing » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:51 pm

Thanks! Anybody else?

sendmeonmyway

Postby sendmeonmyway » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:29 am

Bump!
What numbers are they looking for? What softs? How intense is the interview?
CreativityKing, you got the Law Scholars award, didn't you? Did you figure out the answers to any of those questions? I'm looking to apply to Vandy maybe next year (only 170 LSAT though so I'd need to retake). Thanks!

Byzantine

Postby Byzantine » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:03 pm

sendmeonmyway wrote:Bump!
CreativityKing, you got the Law Scholars award, didn't you? Did you figure out the answers to any of those questions? I'm looking to apply to Vandy maybe next year (only 170 LSAT though so I'd need to retake). Thanks!

I am bumping this topic because I know from the VULS '15 thread, a bunch of people just submitted their scholly paperwork.Anyone got some answers?

CreativityKing

Postby CreativityKing » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Byzantine wrote:
sendmeonmyway wrote:Bump!

I am bumping this topic because I know from the VULS '15 thread, a bunch of people just submitted their scholly paperwork.Anyone got some answers?

Yeah - sorry I didn't see the last question from last year sometime.

I ended up getting the scholarship (but not attending Vandy). My numbers were 172/over 4.0. I didn't go to a nationally prestigious undergrad.

My softs, without getting very specific, were basically a couple years of work experience in a somewhat hard-to-break-into field in business. I wasn't inactive in college by any means, but by and large all my law school interviewers were much more interested in what I had done since undergrad.

The interview wasn't intense, really, and I found my interviewer to be a very pleasant person (an impression that was reaffirmed when I met him in person later). It was via phone since I didn't live anywhere close to Nashville, and it lasted maybe 30-45 minutes or so. No real heavy-hitting questions that I recall; "Why law school?" "Why Vandy?" and "Why do you think you deserve this award/How will you contribute to our community?" are what spring to my mind looking back.

Any other questions, feel free to shoot me a pm.

Return to “Financial Aid”