AA Female 3.88 GPA 169 LSAT in at T14?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
sierrarox101

New

AA Female 3.88 GPA 169 LSAT in at T14?

Postby sierrarox101 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:27 am

Hello everyone! I greatly appreciate any input, advice, or opinions that you have.

I have recently discovered my passion for and interest in obtaining a legal education. I am an African American female, rising senior and anthropology major at a Top 20 university. I have a 3.88 LSAC GPA and a 169 LSAT (although I am planning on re-taking it).

-I am producing an honors thesis, and have been a research assistant all 3 years of undergrad so far.
-I have given 2 conference presentations and I am the co-author of a published peer-reviewed paper
-I am heavily involved in leadership positions in 2 clubs including the production of an event to serve 5,000 homeless people. I'm a member of 1 more club.
-I have worked throughout the school year the past 3 years as well
-This summer I am working as a policy intern for a local nonprofit and an assistant at a big law firm, with the assistant position extending into the school year
-Letters of rec: 1 from the policy nonprofit organization & 1 from either the professor who is the advisor for my honors thesis (who is very well known in his field, he studies the anthropology of law) or the professor who I co-wrote the published paper with. I'm sure they will be high quality.
-Personal Statement: Pretty unique as I have a pretty interesting reason for wanting to go to law school and I plan to write diversity statements as well.
-I do not plan on taking time off as I am very driven and sure of what I would like to do.

Because my LSAT score is lower than I would like, I was wondering if I still have a shot at getting in with scholarships at T-14 schools as I would like to take out few loans as possible.

Thank you in advance!

L_William_W

Bronze

Re: AA Female 3.88 GPA 169 LSAT in at T14?

Postby L_William_W » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:34 pm

You can practically walk into Columbia and NYU with those stats

Hutz_and_Goodman

Gold

Re: AA Female 3.88 GPA 169 LSAT in at T14?

Postby Hutz_and_Goodman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:13 am

You will get in to every T14 except possibly not Yale (but you may get in there as well). Congratulations!

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum�