Decent Softs/ Bad GPA /Average LSAT /URM

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
Lighthouse75

Decent Softs/ Bad GPA /Average LSAT /URM

Postby Lighthouse75 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:32 pm

I'm a 32yo gay AA male from GA who graduated with ~2.9 (science double major :Molecular Biology & Chemistry) with two years research experience, After undergrad I joined the Peace Corps for two years. I then finished a MS in applied economics from the University of Minnesota. I am currently a federal employee living in northern Virginia working for the Department of Health and Human Services in DC (for the past 2 years). I'm taking the LSAT this September but can't seem to get higher than a 155 on PT (I'm already planning on retaking in December). My plan is to do a part-time program in the area (GULC or GW). I know it's a long shot, but what do you all think?

tldr:
32 gay AA male
~2.9 ugpa (Molecular Biology & Chemistry double major)
Masters in Econ
Peace Corps
Federal employee (2 years WE)
~155 LSAT PT
Want GULC or GW part-time
Last edited by Lighthouse75 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

grades??

Re: Strong Softs/ Bad GPA /Average LSAT /URM

Postby grades?? » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:38 pm

Not to be a downer but you don't really have strong spots per se. They are good softs and won't hurt, but they aren't gonna help outweigh your numbers

candyroll232

Re: Decent Softs/ Bad GPA /Average LSAT /URM

Postby candyroll232 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:46 pm

Apply as soon as possible. I saw on lsn that someone got in at GW with a 155 and a 2.6 gpa but got dinged at GULC. This person had all his/her apps in by end of September.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”