CLEO 2013

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
chnkymonkey
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:08 am

CLEO 2013

Postby chnkymonkey » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:10 am

Has anyone been accepted to or applied for CLEO 2013?? Thoughts about the program? Is it pretty competitive this year?

underperformingurm
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby underperformingurm » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:26 pm

I've applied and I had a phone interview the other day. I'm still undecided as to whether I'd attend if I were offered a spot.

underperformingurm
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby underperformingurm » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:33 pm

I was notified that I was selected for the program today via email.

User avatar
BlaqBella
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 am

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby BlaqBella » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:45 pm

underperformingurm wrote:I was notified that I was selected for the program today via email.


Congrats!! My friend partook in the program last year and thoroughly enjoyed her experience.

User avatar
BlaqBella
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 am

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby BlaqBella » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:18 pm

I'm considering attending their ASAP seminar, but also want to do FPOC. I'm not too keen with having to pay to attend ASAP, but I assume any additional information they may provide in navigating the application process will be useful.

FutureAggieLawyer
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:33 am

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby FutureAggieLawyer » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:13 am

[i]Hi Everyone,

I just did my application for CLEO on 1/5...I really hope I get in. I did ASAP last year and learned alot. Does anyone know what the timeline is for acceptance? Has anyone been accepted?
[/i]
:?:

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby sdphill » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:22 am

Since I am really in this sub-forum, you all are more than welcome to ask me questions about CLEO 2012. I attended the program this past summer.

chnkymonkey
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:08 am

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby chnkymonkey » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:23 pm

FutureAggieLawyer wrote:[i]Hi Everyone,

I just did my application for CLEO on 1/5...I really hope I get in. I did ASAP last year and learned alot. Does anyone know what the timeline is for acceptance? Has anyone been accepted?
[/i]
:?:


Not sure what the timeline is, but I was accepted at the end of December. I submitted my deposit and will probably be placed at Georgia State

law1992
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby law1992 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:12 pm

Hi! I just got accepted into the program on Saturday! :D

FutureAggieLawyer
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:33 am

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby FutureAggieLawyer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:26 pm

law1992 wrote:Hi! I just got accepted into the program on Saturday! :D



CONGRATS!! When did you submit your application?

law1992
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby law1992 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:49 pm

FutureAggieLawyer wrote:
law1992 wrote:Hi! I just got accepted into the program on Saturday! :D



CONGRATS!! When did you submit your application?


I submitted my application a few days before the early application so sometime in November I believe. All early applications will be notified by Jan. 31st. I just found out this Saturday. I've been reading a lot of good stuff about this program.

I will be attending for sure. Just faxed my letter on intent today! I hope you get in! Have they contacted you in any way yet?

And thank you!! So excited!!!

Woa!! I just saw that you are at Texas A&M!!! So am I!! I'm graduating this semester. Where do you want to go to school?

FutureAggieLawyer
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:33 am

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby FutureAggieLawyer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:15 pm

law1992 wrote:
FutureAggieLawyer wrote:
law1992 wrote:Hi! I just got accepted into the program on Saturday! :D



CONGRATS!! When did you submit your application?


I submitted my application a few days before the early application so sometime in November I believe. All early applications will be notified by Jan. 31st. I just found out this Saturday. I've been reading a lot of good stuff about this program.

I will be attending for sure. Just faxed my letter on intent today! I hope you get in! Have they contacted you in any way yet?

And thank you!! So excited!!!

Woa!! I just saw that you are at Texas A&M!!! So am I!! I'm graduating this semester. Where do you want to go to school?




No, I haven't heard anything back yet but I just applied on January 5. And I graduated from A&M in December 2011. Congrats on graduating this semester. My 1st choice law school is SMU.

law1992
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby law1992 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:27 pm

FutureAggieLawyer wrote:
law1992 wrote:
FutureAggieLawyer wrote:
law1992 wrote:Hi! I just got accepted into the program on Saturday! :D




CONGRATS!! When did you submit your application?


I submitted my application a few days before the early application so sometime in November I believe. All early applications will be notified by Jan. 31st. I just found out this Saturday. I've been reading a lot of good stuff about this program.

I will be attending for sure. Just faxed my letter on intent today! I hope you get in! Have they contacted you in any way yet?

And thank you!! So excited!!!

Woa!! I just saw that you are at Texas A&M!!! So am I!! I'm graduating this semester. Where do you want to go to school?




No, I haven't heard anything back yet but I just applied on January 5. And I graduated from A&M in December 2011. Congrats on graduating this semester. My 1st choice law school is SMU.




Congrats for you for graduating already! Did you get the e-mail from SMU about the minority symposium? I'm sure you will hear back from CLEO. Good luck!

User avatar
NewYorkL
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby NewYorkL » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:54 pm

How long did it take to get a response?

FutureAggieLawyer
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:33 am

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby FutureAggieLawyer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:00 pm

NewYorkL wrote:How long did it take to get a response?


I have gathered that it takes about a month to month and a half from the time of your application. Im still waiting on a response as well!

law1992
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby law1992 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:04 pm

Has anybody else heard anything lately?

User avatar
yupyup
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby yupyup » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:11 am

Not doing the 6-week program but just applied to do the Attitude is Essential seminar. Anyone else?

law1992
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby law1992 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:45 pm

No but I am attending the six week program for sure.

Manhattanman
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:16 am

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby Manhattanman » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:25 pm

Welp, just found out that this may be a good idea so I am applying. Not sure if I should pay 2k for something with mixed reviews, but pre-law prep shouldn't hurt.

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby HankBashir » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:11 pm

Just got the notice today that I was accepted. No notice of which campus, but I'm hoping for Georgia State. I sent my application in on 1/8.

User avatar
NewYorkL
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby NewYorkL » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:33 pm

Just sent in my app today. Of course I sent it in with errors :roll:

law1992
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby law1992 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:09 pm

Anyone aiming for Ole Miss?

User avatar
NewYorkL
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby NewYorkL » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:05 pm

underperformingurm wrote:I've applied and I had a phone interview the other day. I'm still undecided as to whether I'd attend if I were offered a spot.


Have other people had a phone interview to be accepted?

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby HankBashir » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:57 pm

NewYorkL wrote:
underperformingurm wrote:I've applied and I had a phone interview the other day. I'm still undecided as to whether I'd attend if I were offered a spot.


Have other people had a phone interview to be accepted?


I was accepted without an interview

law1992
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby law1992 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:31 pm

NewYorkL wrote:
underperformingurm wrote:I've applied and I had a phone interview the other day. I'm still undecided as to whether I'd attend if I were offered a spot.


Have other people had a phone interview to be accepted?



I did




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests