URM AA Male. 3.95-3.98 LSAC GPA. February LSAT? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
jw316

Silver

URM AA Male. 3.95-3.98 LSAC GPA. February LSAT?

Post by jw316 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Last edited by jw316 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Miracle

Silver

Re: URM AA Male. 3.95-3.98 LSAC GPA. February LSAT?

Post by Miracle » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:58 pm

The TLS wisdom is that its too late, but what do you really have to lose? I say apply, and see what happens. If you do not get in this cycle there is always next cycle.

ausoccer19

New

Post by ausoccer19 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:38 pm

False. I'll admit that I'm not privy to all things HYS, but word is they often frown on multiple LSAT scores and/or multiple applications. I know it seems like a long time, but trust me, 1 year off is not that long or the worst possible option. In fact, it may be even better. These schools will look far more favorably on someone with a year of WE under their belt that studied diligently for the test, as opposed to someone that didn't put in proper time and was just trying to get their application in. Find something to do, study hard, and make sure all facets of your application are solid. This can in no way hurt you, while getting a lackluster score, and being denied once potentially could.

Oh and I might add, if HYS doesn't work out, you will be in line for huge $$$ elsewhere if you apply asap next cycle.

blackandstrong

Bronze

Post by blackandstrong » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:19 pm

As an AA male, I implore you to wait a year and just study for the February LSAT. If you can, just get a job and some work experience and take the LSAT in June. That's what I'm doing.

Get a 165-168. With that GPA, you'll get in all three of HYS.

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:37 am

blackandstrong wrote:As an AA male, I implore you to wait a year and just study for the February LSAT. If you can, just get a job and some work experience and take the LSAT in June. That's what I'm doing.

Get a 165-168. With that GPA, you'll get in all three of HYS.
This.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”