What should I do? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
mking2011

New

What should I do?

Post by mking2011 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:50 am

I've been a longtime lurker on this website's forums and decided to see if I could get some valuable opinions about my chances. Here are my stats as of this moment:
-African American Male with socio-economic disadvantage
-170 LSAT
-2.75 GPA (Started out horribly but straight As during last two semesters)
-Great Letters of Recommendations from Dean of my department and professor who has known me for a 3 years.

I want to attend Fordham or a T14 school, maybe NYU but that may be far-fetched with my GPA

Thanks in advance for the advice.

admisionquestion

Bronze

Re: What should I do?

Post by admisionquestion » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:16 pm

I don't think you have a shot at t6. But I think you should blanket t7-14 and then pick 3 other t25's you might want.

If you want Fodham you've got it.

Their LSAT 75th is 166
Their GPA 25th is 3.3

So you will boost their LSAT and Hurt there GPA but you get a HUGE urm boost so I think they will take you.

Still apply broadly and if you can get Fee waivers.

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:18 pm

Blanket the T14, even the T20. You'll get money too.

mking2011

New

Post by mking2011 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:19 pm

Thanks for the responses, I really have my heart set on fordham so if i can get in there with these stats then i'll be more than happy.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”