The most "URM friendly" schools Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
socraticmethodman

Bronze

The most "URM friendly" schools

Post by socraticmethodman » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:21 am

What t20 schools are the most URM friendly? I have heard that NYU is very URM friendly, meaning they are known for accepting URMs with lower lsat scores. I also read that the U of Chicago use to give URMs up to a 10 pt increase on their lsat score. Are any other schools known for accepting URMs with lower scores?

If you are going to leave hateful and arrogant comments, please do it elsewhere.

DieAntwoord

Bronze

Re: The most "URM friendly" schools

Post by DieAntwoord » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:35 am

socraticmethodman wrote:What t20 schools are the most URM friendly? I have heard that NYU is very URM friendly, meaning they are known for accepting URMs with lower lsat scores. I also read that the U of Chicago use to give URMs up to a 10 pt increase on their lsat score. Are any other schools known for accepting URMs with lower scores?

If you are going to leave hateful and arrogant comments, please do it elsewhere.

"Hate hate hate arrogant arrogant arrogant arrogant" jk
um you can go to the lsac webcite and see what percentage of the class is a certain minority.
I think you are right about the NYU thing. Maybe Harvard out of HYS. NYU out of CCN. UVA out of MVP. Then georgetown, cornell, wustl....
This is all wild speculation though.......

socraticmethodman

Bronze

Post by socraticmethodman » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:58 am

bump

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:02 am

socraticmethodman wrote:Are any other schools known for accepting URMs with lower scores?
All of them. Apply as broadly as possible and hope for a bite.

socraticmethodman

Bronze

Post by socraticmethodman » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:55 am

any other thoughts?

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:18 pm

I think it all depends on the school. I've noticed HLS/CLS giving minor bumps to URMs with ivy UG degrees. UVA gives a nice URM bump to VA residents. Cal and to a lesser extent SLS give URM bumps for reverse splitters. Chicago/NYU are very nice to lower LSATs (low 160s). It varies amongst the t20 for sure. And this is all based on anecdotal evidence observed from board posters/LSN.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”