Law School Happens Forum

howdoipick

New

Law School Happens

Post by howdoipick » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:42 pm

Ok... so I've finally decided to blog what's going on with my law school decisions. I've had a very tough time this year adjusting to the thought of leaving Los Angeles to go to school elsewhere. Today at 2, I have a fax due to Georgetown saying that if I accept their scholarship I will have to attend. Now... this is great news! I'm incredibly honored, but I don't know if I can give up on my other choices yet. I keep thinking I might want to stay in LA last minute and I'm having separation anxiety over leaving friends and family. It sounds ridiculous, especially from someone in their 20s. I know I can come back to LA when it's all over and that I probably will eventually, but I feel like it's best to get away for a while. Since I haven't been anywhere else, maybe I won't want to come back. How do people deal with their anxiety over leaving?

Do people think it's beneficial to go to away to law school? I stayed local for college and I feel like this will be my last chance to get away.
I should take the scholarship, right? I don't know why I'm second guessing myself...

Return to “TLS Web Logs (Blogs)”