Loyola (LA) vs. Uni of Iowa vs. ASU

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
drewdub

New

Loyola (LA) vs. Uni of Iowa vs. ASU

Postby drewdub » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:00 pm

Hey guys so i've been racking my brain and I can't make up my mind.

I've gotten admission offers from all three schools with varying scholarship offers. I live in California and want to practice in California. Loyola's tuition is around $51,000 a year and they offered me a scholarship covering 2/3rds. However this scholarship comes with a 2.8 stipulation (top 75%). Is this feasible? or a reasonable stipulation? ASU is around 43,000 per year but only offered me 15,000 scholly for all three years. Iowa tuition is around 42,000 and they offered me a 2/3rds scholly as well. ASU and Iowa scholly's do not have stipulations.

Where should I go?

I've narrowed it down to Loyola and Iowa seeing as how ASU's sholly is basically nothing. I also think i'm leaning towards Loyola since I want to practice in CA and everything i hear and read indicates that if i want to practice in CA i should stay n CA. But what are my chances of getting a job in CA if i go out of state to IOWa or ASU? Iowa is ranked #20 and Asu #25. Will those school reps get my foot in the door for a job in CA? or should i just stick to loyola even with the stipulations? If I do choose Iowa would it be plausible to get a job in CA if i spend my summers and extern in CA? Then go back to Iowa for the school year.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Rigo

Diamond

Re: Loyola (LA) vs. Uni of Iowa vs. ASU

Postby Rigo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:17 pm

Have you tried to negotiate away the stipulations?

And Loyola if you want to stay in CA. Rankings of regional schools are largely meaningless and shouldn't be a factor in your decision.

cavalier1138

Platinum

Postby cavalier1138 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:42 am

What are your career goals?

BigZuck

Diamond

Postby BigZuck » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:22 am

Rankings are meaningless and those schools aren't really going to place beyond their respective regions.

Return to “Choosing a Law School�