Columbia(?) vs NYU($)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:21 pm

Columbia(?) vs NYU($)

Postby quigleyest » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:53 pm

So far I've gotten 52k(60 if PI) from NYU
I only applied to HS CCN B halfheartedly.
Waitlist at B, no word from H. All of my apps were submitted after 1/15.

3.6/173(3 takes)

Parents are able to contribute around 60k total towards COA. i have pretty generic goals... feeling sort of lost because I spend the last two years doing public interest work as a direct service provider (financial + legal) for low income populations, and now I feel completely worn out. All I know is that I would like to practice an area of law that is challenging/interesting, and hopefully impactful. Interested in exploring other areas of law. Long term, I think I might be interested in living in Northern California. For now I am ok with exploring an nyc/DC career beginning.

How do I handle the negotiation process? I have about 25 days to let NYU know if I will accept the scholarship.

Should I wait about 15 days and then send Columbia a notification that I need to decide on NYU offer by a certain date? Should I preemptively send Columbia my award from NYU?

Would a 10k difference be neglible, and 20k difference something to think about?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Return to “Choosing a Law School�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests