WUSTL ED or try Cornell and Georgetown?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
thinkinggggg

New

WUSTL ED or try Cornell and Georgetown?

Postby thinkinggggg » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:51 am

I got a 167 in December test. International student without a gap,evaluation is "above average".
Finaical is my big concern but job prospect matters more. I can't decide whether I should apply WUSTL through ED and therefore, lock a full scholarship or I should try Cornell, Duke, UCB AND Georgetown to see whether I get any luck.
Thinking of retake in June but will miss this cycle and if go with WUSTL ED and get admitted, even have a higher retake score won't change much

Appreciate any comments/advice

KunAgnis

Bronze

Re: WUSTL ED or try Cornell and Georgetown?

Postby KunAgnis » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:29 am

WashU throws enough money around and is open to negotiations - don't ED them unless you are okay with potentially working in St. Louis, which is a possibility (not knocking against it, just pointing out in this list of three WashU has the weakest national reach). Better to apply to all three and negotiate them against each other. Others could probably advice you better if they knew your GPA.

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:29 am

WashU does throw money around during their regular decision period, but a 167 might not get you a full ride offer this year, since their medians have gone up. If you're really set on WashU, I'd apply early, because you get the guaranteed full ride.

But based on the rest of your post, I'd recommend sitting out this cycle and retaking for a scholarship where you really want to go.

Incrementalist

Bronze

Postby Incrementalist » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:40 am

I agree with the above respondent don't waste an ED at WashU they usually hand out money like its candy on Halloween. Which isn't a bad thing. I would apply to all 4 and see what happens.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:23 am

Idk what your GPA is but I had the same LSAT and got a ding from Cornell, which seems to be out for blood this year so good luck!

Return to “Choosing a Law School�