Quinnipiac, Pace or Hofstra?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
cavalier1138

Re: Quinnipiac, Pace or Hofstra?

Postby cavalier1138 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:11 pm

flyingsoccer wrote:I cannot retake the LSAT until June 2017 which, I'm told, means I cannot enter law school for another two years. I'm aware that these aren't "great" schools/options but I'm in my late twenties, I'm eager to get the ball rolling and start my career, currently work in a very different industry. I'm open about what law I'd like to practice at the moment. I consider a decent starting salary for the caliber of school I'm able to attend to be about $75-90k. Thanks.

It's not that the schools aren't great. It's that they're bad. They are bad schools.

Your eagerness is not a valid reason to throw your future away on these choices.

bmathers

Postby bmathers » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:36 pm

You can check out the 25th, 50th, 75th-percentile and mean starting salaries from these schools right here: http://www.lstscorereports.com/schools/

When my father hires a new attorney (small firm/market), he starts then at $45-50k/yr. That's probably what you are looking at here as well (if employed)

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:13 am

Op... Your definition of a "good starting salary" is $75K to $90K to start. You also say that are looking to attend a school where you will earn a "good starting salary" upon graduation. None of these three schools will afford you even a reasonable chance at earning a "good starting salary" at graduation. The most likely result is that you will start out earning something between $40K and $60K. There is a very small chance (very small) that you'll find a job earning somewhere in the neighborhood of $60K to $75K. Earning $75K+ to $90K would be like hitting the lottery from one of these schools. You would be one of their "success stories." It will most likely take you between 4 and 6 years to be earning $100K after graduating from one of these schools (and that is not a guarantee).

I graduated from a school just as bad as these three back in 2008. I was one of my school's "success stories." Trust me, you don't want to role the dice on that. I know way too many smart people who did and were not as lucky.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”