Plan to work in NYC!!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Plan to work in NYC!!

Georgetown (COA 195000)
16
23%
Fordham (97000)
42
61%
Vandy (118000)
6
9%
UCLA (114000)
3
4%
Cardozo (40320)
2
3%
 
Total votes: 69

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby Icculus » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:22 pm

Rlabo wrote:
ImNoScar wrote:I think you're also underestimating how much a year off can help. True, you're not going to rise to upper management in a year, but holding a real job for a year makes you more mature and also makes you appear more focused.


Taking a year off may not be a good idea for a few reasons such as getting out of the studying mode and habit that I currently have. Disposable income is likely to make one decide not to go to law school. Going to school is a very different head/life style from working. One could argue that if some1 goes to work and then decides they don't want to go to law school than they don't really want it and shouldn't, and even though i know I want to practice law and don't want to concede that this is a problem I would have, human nature doesn't work like that. I really don't see my age as problem (truth be told ppl are usually surprised by my age fwiw) as yes one can look at it as young inexperienced and immature but another can see young driven and tenacious, it's how it's marketed at that point. For whoever said I shouldn't be mad from people saying retake, your right, but that's not what would upset me. It's more of degradIng comments that make no argument but just rely on appeals to emotion or whatever authority u think u may have E.G. Calling me an idiot and saying retake is a dumb post. Saying its a poor decision because of xyz you should retake is more than acceptable. I haven't been rude or nasty to any1 so thera no reason for that.


OP, you are arguing with a bunch of people who have already gone through this and seen how OCI works and what is and is not looked upon favorably in law school.

First off, law school is not like UG. Studying is different, social interactions are different (and you will have trouble making friends if you cannot socialize at the bar with people) and prospective employers couldn't give a shit less about your young age. Remember, this is a professional school, it is not undergrad part II. Every single employer I spoke to at OCI went out of their way to mention that they would rather have someone with 1-2 years work experience because those people are more mature and know how to interact in a professional environment. Can you overcome this? Yes, but you would need to be at the tip, top of your class and there is an 85%-90% chance you won't be. And again, none of these schools are schools where big law is guaranteed. You may get it, but you also may strike out totally and wonder what would have happened if you just waited a year and actually developed a few lines on your resume that big law hiring partners look for (i.e. WORK EXPERIENCE).

People you interview with are going to wonder whether you actually took this decision seriously and whether you are going to bolt in a few years because this was something you didn't think through. But as the special snow flake you think you are, and with the arrogance that only a 20 y/o college student could muster, you go ahead and ignore every single person here who has actually gone through this before. Because hey, what do we know? And by the way, your know it all, arrogant attitude is exactly the kind of thing that will get you dinged in interviews.

And remember, none of these schools are free, someone is paying for it, and shouldn't you make sure that whoever is paying is getting the best investment for their money? Don't be a total douche.

Good luck, I'm out.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby IAFG » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:22 pm

This seems like a pretty obvious flame.

User avatar
hephaestus
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby hephaestus » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:22 pm

Rlabo wrote:
ImNoScar wrote:I think you're also underestimating how much a year off can help. True, you're not going to rise to upper management in a year, but holding a real job for a year makes you more mature and also makes you appear more focused.


Taking a year off may not be a good idea for a few reasons such as getting out of the studying mode and habit that I currently have. Disposable income is likely to make one decide not to go to law school. Going to school is a very different head/life style from working. One could argue that if some1 goes to work and then decides they don't want to go to law school than they don't really want it and shouldn't, and even though i know I want to practice law and don't want to concede that this is a problem I would have, human nature doesn't work like that. I really don't see my age as problem (truth be told ppl are usually surprised by my age fwiw) as yes one can look at it as young inexperienced and immature but another can see young driven and tenacious, it's how it's marketed at that point. For whoever said I shouldn't be mad from people saying retake, your right, but that's not what would upset me. It's more of degradIng comments that make no argument but just rely on appeals to emotion or whatever authority u think u may have E.G. Calling me an idiot and saying retake is a dumb post. Saying its a poor decision because of xyz you should retake is more than acceptable. I haven't been rude or nasty to any1 so thera no reason for that.

These are all red herrings. Work experience shows more focus, not less. It shows firms that you have a reason to be there other than "I went to law school right from UG."
Also the "study habits" reason is a flame. Law school studying is do incredibly different than UG studying, so any difference is likely immaterial.

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby Icculus » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:23 pm

NYstate wrote:OP: I'm telling you right now that you are wrong if you think big law will see you as some great tenacious kid. You see yourself that way. Big law doesn't care. Grades and school and work experience matter. These schools are not going to get you where you want to go.

If you don't believe me ask some of the other big law people who post here. Get their input as to the effect of your being young. Or start another thread asking for opinions about getting big law given your circumstances.

Why are you so afraid of taking another year and applying correctly? Or taking the test again? I think there is more here than you have explained for you to remain so stuck in your impressions.


+1.

User avatar
Rlabo
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby Rlabo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:25 pm

SportsFan wrote:I really hope OP comes back in 2-3 years and lets us know what happened to him.


I can deff let u no if u'd like but it wouldn't really matter either way cuz of confirmation bias so if I fuck up in law school you guys get to say I told u so and if I do well and get big law I'llmost likely be written off as an unlikely fluke who got lucky and still should have retaken cause i couldve done EVEN better at a higher ranked school.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby IAFG » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:28 pm

I graduated UG in 2.5 years (working summers, no classes). Guess how many people cared at OCI about how super extra tenacious I was? No one. They only wanted to talk about my work experience. Graduating early is nothing special. Being a K-JD is the ultimate in not-special. No one is impressed with that, particularly not up against people who have done legit impressive things.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby Clearly » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:31 pm

Rlabo wrote:
SportsFan wrote:I really hope OP comes back in 2-3 years and lets us know what happened to him.


I can deff let u no if u'd like but it wouldn't really matter either way cuz of confirmation bias so if I fuck up in law school you guys get to say I told u so and if I do well and get big law I'llmost likely be written off as an unlikely fluke who got lucky and still should have retaken cause i couldve done EVEN better at a higher ranked school.

The way you are approaching this entire thread is insufferable. If you managed to make a thread full of well-intentioned people hope for you to fail, you are going to do just great in law school and the workplace.

User avatar
Rlabo
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby Rlabo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:33 pm

IAFG wrote:I graduated UG in 2.5 years (working summers, no classes). Guess how many people cared at OCI about how super extra tenacious I was? No one. They only wanted to talk about my work experience. Graduating early is nothing special. Being a K-JD is the ultimate in not-special. No one is impressed with that, particularly not up against people who have done legit impressive things.


Don't get me wrong, I don't think being young is going to put a gold star on my record as much as I think it's not going to be detrimental. I'm more of the opinion that my age wouldn't matter one way or the other. People don't care how old u are as much the quality of work you Produce.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby IAFG » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:36 pm

Rlabo wrote:
IAFG wrote:I graduated UG in 2.5 years (working summers, no classes). Guess how many people cared at OCI about how super extra tenacious I was? No one. They only wanted to talk about my work experience. Graduating early is nothing special. Being a K-JD is the ultimate in not-special. No one is impressed with that, particularly not up against people who have done legit impressive things.


Don't get me wrong, I don't think being young is going to put a gold star on my record as much as I think it's not going to be detrimental. I'm more of the opinion that my age wouldn't matter one way or the other. People don't care how old u are as much the quality of work you Produce.

See, who randomly capitalizes words in the middle of a sentence? Flame-y.

NYstate
Posts: 1566
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:44 am

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby NYstate » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:39 pm

Rlabo wrote:
IAFG wrote:I graduated UG in 2.5 years (working summers, no classes). Guess how many people cared at OCI about how super extra tenacious I was? No one. They only wanted to talk about my work experience. Graduating early is nothing special. Being a K-JD is the ultimate in not-special. No one is impressed with that, particularly not up against people who have done legit impressive things.


Don't get me wrong, I don't think being young is going to put a gold star on my record as much as I think it's not going to be detrimental. I'm more of the opinion that my age wouldn't matter one way or the other. People don't care how old u are as much the quality of work you Produce.

See, you are wrong in that assumption. When people are interviewing you, how are they going to know the quality of your work? See, after you get a job you can rely on the quality of your work, but you have to get hired first.

User avatar
Rlabo
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby Rlabo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:40 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
Rlabo wrote:
SportsFan wrote:I really hope OP comes back in 2-3 years and lets us know what happened to him.


I can deff let u no if u'd like but it wouldn't really matter either way cuz of confirmation bias so if I fuck up in law school you guys get to say I told u so and if I do well and get big law I'llmost likely be written off as an unlikely fluke who got lucky and still should have retaken cause i couldve done EVEN better at a higher ranked school.

The way you are approaching this entire thread is insufferable. If you managed to make a thread full of well-intentioned people hope for you to fail, you are going to do just great in law school and the workplace.


Wow, I didn't see people hoping I would fail on here for the majority. Yea sure they think im making a terrible mistake and are gonna push as hard as they can to get me to switch, and I fully respect that, but I would hope that no matter how ludacris my decision may seem to u u still wouldn't wish some1 to fail.

User avatar
Rlabo
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby Rlabo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:42 pm

IAFG wrote:
Rlabo wrote:
IAFG wrote:I graduated UG in 2.5 years (working summers, no classes). Guess how many people cared at OCI about how super extra tenacious I was? No one. They only wanted to talk about my work experience. Graduating early is nothing special. Being a K-JD is the ultimate in not-special. No one is impressed with that, particularly not up against people who have done legit impressive things.


Don't get me wrong, I don't think being young is going to put a gold star on my record as much as I think it's not going to be detrimental. I'm more of the opinion that my age wouldn't matter one way or the other. People don't care how old u are as much the quality of work you Produce.

See, who randomly capitalizes words in the middle of a sentence? Flame-y.


Really? That's your argument? Some1 who's typing on an iPod touch when they're used to their blackberry/computer. This shits annoying to type on and I havent felt the need to fix every error.

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby HankBashir » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:43 pm

Rlabo wrote:Wow, I didn't see people hoping I would fail on here for the majority. Yea sure they think im making a terrible mistake and are gonna push as hard as they can to get me to switch, and I fully respect that, but I would hope that no matter how ludacris my decision may seem to u u still wouldn't wish some1 to fail.

Image

User avatar
patrickd139
Posts: 2883
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby patrickd139 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:44 pm

Rlabo wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:
Rlabo wrote:
SportsFan wrote:I really hope OP comes back in 2-3 years and lets us know what happened to him.


I can deff let u no if u'd like but it wouldn't really matter either way cuz of confirmation bias so if I fuck up in law school you guys get to say I told u so and if I do well and get big law I'llmost likely be written off as an unlikely fluke who got lucky and still should have retaken cause i couldve done EVEN better at a higher ranked school.

The way you are approaching this entire thread is insufferable. If you managed to make a thread full of well-intentioned people hope for you to fail, you are going to do just great in law school and the workplace.


Wow, I didn't see people hoping I would fail on here for the majority. Yea sure they think im making a terrible mistake and are gonna push as hard as they can to get me to switch, and I fully respect that, but I would hope that no matter how ludacris my decision may seem to u u still wouldn't wish some1 to fail.

The people who are telling you to sit out a year, retake the LSAT and reapply next cycle (or the year after that, or the year after that one) are the people ITT who care about you. It costs them nothing, and many of them have real world life experience with sitting out or (worse) going to law school too soon.

TBH though, you do sound like an insufferable self-entitled brat with little real-world experience. I don't think that's going to translate well into the job search or your law school experience and interaction with classmates. But YMMV.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby Clearly » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:47 pm

Rlabo wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:
Rlabo wrote:
SportsFan wrote:I really hope OP comes back in 2-3 years and lets us know what happened to him.


I can deff let u no if u'd like but it wouldn't really matter either way cuz of confirmation bias so if I fuck up in law school you guys get to say I told u so and if I do well and get big law I'llmost likely be written off as an unlikely fluke who got lucky and still should have retaken cause i couldve done EVEN better at a higher ranked school.

The way you are approaching this entire thread is insufferable. If you managed to make a thread full of well-intentioned people hope for you to fail, you are going to do just great in law school and the workplace.


Wow, I didn't see people hoping I would fail on here for the majority. Yea sure they think im making a terrible mistake and are gonna push as hard as they can to get me to switch, and I fully respect that, but I would hope that no matter how ludacris my decision may seem to u u still wouldn't wish some1 to fail.


For the record, I don't want you to fail. I just think your age and arrogance is showing in how you post, and nothing anyone says is going to change that in a message board. Stop rebuking every single correct detail in the thread with your opinions, and listen to people with experience. You are not accepted to a significant biglaw feeder school. You applied late. If you want a good shot at biglaw, at the very least you need to reapply in Sept and you should retake. That is the correct response. I was in the same position, I am glad I sat out and retook. I hated the idea, and I defended it too, but its time to start making the smart decision, even if you're set against it. The least you should do is sit out and apply early. I think Cornell would be a good fit, they're a consistent NY biglaw feeder school. None of your other options are.

User avatar
Rlabo
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby Rlabo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:48 pm

NYstate wrote:
Rlabo wrote:
IAFG wrote:I graduated UG in 2.5 years (working summers, no classes). Guess how many people cared at OCI about how super extra tenacious I was? No one. They only wanted to talk about my work experience. Graduating early is nothing special. Being a K-JD is the ultimate in not-special. No one is impressed with that, particularly not up against people who have done legit impressive things.


Don't get me wrong, I don't think being young is going to put a gold star on my record as much as I think it's not going to be detrimental. I'm more of the opinion that my age wouldn't matter one way or the other. People don't care how old u are as much the quality of work you Produce.

See, you are wrong in that assumption. When people are interviewing you, how are they going to know the quality of your work? See, after you get a job you can rely on the quality of your work, but you have to get hired first.


Well I guess that would be where grades come in and while I can't say I'm going to be at the top of my class or even in the top third, I can say im prepared to work hard to do what I'm capable of and will be aiming at those goals for motivation.

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7317
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby Danger Zone » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:48 pm

IAFG wrote:
Rlabo wrote:
IAFG wrote:I graduated UG in 2.5 years (working summers, no classes). Guess how many people cared at OCI about how super extra tenacious I was? No one. They only wanted to talk about my work experience. Graduating early is nothing special. Being a K-JD is the ultimate in not-special. No one is impressed with that, particularly not up against people who have done legit impressive things.


Don't get me wrong, I don't think being young is going to put a gold star on my record as much as I think it's not going to be detrimental. I'm more of the opinion that my age wouldn't matter one way or the other. People don't care how old u are as much the quality of work you Produce.

See, who randomly capitalizes words in the middle of a sentence? Flame-y.

I am praying for this outcome.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby Clearly » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:51 pm

Rlabo wrote:
NYstate wrote:
Rlabo wrote:
IAFG wrote:I graduated UG in 2.5 years (working summers, no classes). Guess how many people cared at OCI about how super extra tenacious I was? No one. They only wanted to talk about my work experience. Graduating early is nothing special. Being a K-JD is the ultimate in not-special. No one is impressed with that, particularly not up against people who have done legit impressive things.


Don't get me wrong, I don't think being young is going to put a gold star on my record as much as I think it's not going to be detrimental. I'm more of the opinion that my age wouldn't matter one way or the other. People don't care how old u are as much the quality of work you Produce.

See, you are wrong in that assumption. When people are interviewing you, how are they going to know the quality of your work? See, after you get a job you can rely on the quality of your work, but you have to get hired first.


Well I guess that would be where grades come in and while I can't say I'm going to be at the top of my class or even in the top third, I can say im prepared to work hard to do what I'm capable of and will be aiming at those goals for motivation.

SO WILL EVERYONE ELSE.





UGH! I quit.

User avatar
Rlabo
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby Rlabo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:54 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
Rlabo wrote:
NYstate wrote:[quote=
Don't get me wrong, I don't think being young is going to put a gold star on my record as much as I think it's not going to be detrimental. I'm more of the opinion that my age wouldn't matter one way or the other. People don't care how old u are as much the quality of work you Produce.

See, you are wrong in that assumption. When people are interviewing you, how are they going to know the quality of your work? See, after you get a job you can rely on the quality of your work, but you have to get hired first.


Well I guess that would be where grades come in and while I can't say I'm going to be at the top of my class or even in the top third, I can say im prepared to work hard to do what I'm capable of and will be aiming at those goals for motivation.

SO WILL EVERYONE ELSE.





UGH! I quit.[/quote]

Yh this want many to be appoint in argument. Just saying grades>age

User avatar
Rlabo
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby Rlabo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:55 pm

Rlabo wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:
Rlabo wrote:
NYstate wrote:[quote=
Don't get me wrong, I don't think being young is going to put a gold star on my record as much as I think it's not going to be detrimental. I'm more of the opinion that my age wouldn't matter one way or the other. People don't care how old u are as much the quality of work you Produce.

See, you are wrong in that assumption. When people are interviewing you, how are they going to know the quality of your work? See, after you get a job you can rely on the quality of your work, but you have to get hired first.


Well I guess that would be where grades come in and while I can't say I'm going to be at the top of my class or even in the top third, I can say im prepared to work hard to do what I'm capable of and will be aiming at those goals for motivation.

SO WILL EVERYONE ELSE.





UGH! I quit.


Yh this wasnt meant as a point in argument. Just saying grades>age[/quote]

Pope Francis
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:41 pm

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby Pope Francis » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:56 pm

Rlabo wrote:
NYstate wrote:
Rlabo wrote:
IAFG wrote:I graduated UG in 2.5 years (working summers, no classes). Guess how many people cared at OCI about how super extra tenacious I was? No one. They only wanted to talk about my work experience. Graduating early is nothing special. Being a K-JD is the ultimate in not-special. No one is impressed with that, particularly not up against people who have done legit impressive things.


Don't get me wrong, I don't think being young is going to put a gold star on my record as much as I think it's not going to be detrimental. I'm more of the opinion that my age wouldn't matter one way or the other. People don't care how old u are as much the quality of work you Produce.

See, you are wrong in that assumption. When people are interviewing you, how are they going to know the quality of your work? See, after you get a job you can rely on the quality of your work, but you have to get hired first.


Well I guess that would be where grades come in and while I can't say I'm going to be at the top of my class or even in the top third, I can say im prepared to work hard to do what I'm capable of and will be aiming at those goals for motivation.


But, unfortunately, that doesn't matter and it won't get you a job.

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7317
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby Danger Zone » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:56 pm

Rlabo wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:
Rlabo wrote:
NYstate wrote:[quote=
Don't get me wrong, I don't think being young is going to put a gold star on my record as much as I think it's not going to be detrimental. I'm more of the opinion that my age wouldn't matter one way or the other. People don't care how old u are as much the quality of work you Produce.

See, you are wrong in that assumption. When people are interviewing you, how are they going to know the quality of your work? See, after you get a job you can rely on the quality of your work, but you have to get hired first.


Well I guess that would be where grades come in and while I can't say I'm going to be at the top of my class or even in the top third, I can say im prepared to work hard to do what I'm capable of and will be aiming at those goals for motivation.

SO WILL EVERYONE ELSE.





UGH! I quit.


Yh this want many to be appoint in argument. Just saying grades>age[/quote]

Gave up on English? Trollolol.

User avatar
Rlabo
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby Rlabo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:58 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
Rlabo wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:
Rlabo wrote:Don't get me wrong, I don't think being young is going to put a gold star on my record as much as I think it's not going to be detrimental. I'm more of the opinion that my age wouldn't matter one way or the other. People don't care how old u are as much the quality of work you Produce.

See, you are wrong in that assumption. When people are interviewing you, how are they going to know the quality of your work? See, after you get a job you can rely on the quality of your work, but you have to get hired first.


Well I guess that would be where grades come in and while I can't say I'm going to be at the top of my class or even in the top third, I can say im prepared to work hard to do what I'm capable of and will be aiming at those goals for motivation.

SO WILL EVERYONE ELSE.





UGH! I quit.


Yh this want many to be appoint in argument. Just saying grades>age[/quote]

Gave up on English? Trollolol.[/quote]

Sorry, typing on here is a bitch tried to fix it

User avatar
Robespierre
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby Robespierre » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:08 am

Rlabo wrote:
Robespierre wrote:OP, I don't understand this part of your post:

"A nice chunk of this debt will be payed off with family help, but I may need to take out some minimal loans to subsidize (don't have exact numbers for this yet)."

Can you even ballpark it for us? How much debt would you have coming out of GULC after family contribution? Or Fordham?

Because, even with your problem of being too young and with no WE, I could get behind GULC with 50K or less in debt, or Fordham with zero debt.


Fordham would probably be 0 debt, unsure about GULC but prob more than 50


OK thanks. Well I think the others are showing you the way. Sitting out a couple of cycles, working and retaking would be perfect for you. It would get rid of the "he's too young" problem. It would put money in your pocket. It would make you a better applicant and probably a better person. The legal markert might get better in the meantime (although no guarantees there, obviously). And if the retake netted a 171 or better, you'd be in fantastic shape.

But if you're definitely going, I think Fordham is the choice. You'd have an outside shot at your goal of NYC biglaw and you'd be debt-free which is huge. GULC has more placement power, but it sounds like it would saddle you with major debt (you still haven't said how much) which would be disastrous if you miss out on the biglaw lottery.

User avatar
chesterfan1230
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: Plan to work in NYC!!

Postby chesterfan1230 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:09 am

Nevermind.
Last edited by chesterfan1230 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Screech Owl, wittynprofane and 3 guests