Duquesne University?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
au2012

Duquesne University?

Postby au2012 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:13 pm

At what price is Duquesne worth attending? It seems that, from lawschoolnumbers.com that the school usually does not award large scholarships. Is this near the truth?

Ti Malice

Re: Duquesne University?

Postby Ti Malice » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:24 pm

If they don't award large scholarships, then it's really not worth attending at all. Job prospects are pretty dismal out of Duquesne: http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=duquesne.

If you could get a full ride (which would no doubt come with onerous stips), then it might not be the worst thing in the world. But you would need to make a firm agreement with yourself to drop out if your first semester grades are bad (probably meaning worse than top third at this school) or if you're not in the top 10% of the class (or better) after 1L year. Staying at that point would be at best a waste of time. If you lose your scholarship, it would be a waste of time and a tremendous amount of money.

Lacepiece23

Re: Duquesne University?

Postby Lacepiece23 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:23 pm

I'd say Duq right now is only worth free or close to it. I'm from Pittsburgh so I understand that it's kinda different then a lot of T3's. I think that it does an okay job for being a T3 and has a huge alumni network, and is respected in Pgh. However, its just too much of a risk. My friend on law review there still doesn't have a job. So Idk if its worth it to be honest. Pgh is also very oversaturated with lawyeres.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”