W&L/ W&M or retake?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sl5uw13

W&L/ W&M or retake?

Postby sl5uw13 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:58 pm

So, I want to work in Richmond VA after school at one of the bigger firms there. I got a $$$ to W&L and have living expenses covered and $$ to W&M. I got a two 168s on the lsat but was pting around 172. should I go for June, turn down w&l, get that 17X score and try for U.Va? I'm waitlisted right now or just go to W&L essentially for free and hope for a job in RVA?

jkpolk

Re: W&L/ W&M or retake?

Postby jkpolk » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:13 pm

sl5uw13 wrote:So, I want to work in Richmond VA after school at one of the bigger firms there. I got a $$$ to W&L and have living expenses covered and $$ to W&M. I got a two 168s on the lsat but was pting around 172. should I go for June, turn down w&l, get that 17X score and try for U.Va? I'm waitlisted right now or just go to W&L essentially for free and hope for a job in RVA?

How bad is your gpa? Do you have a job right now? Did you try ED UVA already? Are you in state?

sl5uw13

Postby sl5uw13 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:15 pm

polkij333 wrote:
sl5uw13 wrote:So, I want to work in Richmond VA after school at one of the bigger firms there. I got a $$$ to W&L and have living expenses covered and $$ to W&M. I got a two 168s on the lsat but was pting around 172. should I go for June, turn down w&l, get that 17X score and try for U.Va? I'm waitlisted right now or just go to W&L essentially for free and hope for a job in RVA?

How bad is your gpa? Do you have a job right now? Did you try ED UVA already? Are you in state?

3.57 and I'm in school. I didnt ED because I couldnt handle sticker. I am in state though

jkpolk

Postby jkpolk » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:41 pm

sl5uw13 wrote:
polkij333 wrote:

3.57 and I'm in school. I didnt ED because I couldnt handle sticker. I am in state though

If you can pull at 171+ you'll probably score $$ @ UVA. The bigger firms at Richmond are not easy to score from here, but certainly WAY easier than it would be from w&m or w&l

sl5uw13

Postby sl5uw13 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:55 pm

polkij333 wrote:
sl5uw13 wrote:
polkij333 wrote:

If you can pull at 171+ you'll probably score $$ @ UVA. The bigger firms at Richmond are not easy to score from here, but certainly WAY easier than it would be from w&m or w&l

that's what I was thinking. Come at me june lsat.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”