Catholic vs Michigan State? (Both $$) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
BearsGrl

Gold

Re: Catholic vs Michigan State? (Both $$)

Post by BearsGrl » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 pm

uvabro wrote:
lol i love it. if i did get welfare id get welfare in style. all newport cigarettes and crack cocaine from a diamond studded pipe.
Law student spends his free time during Christmas break on TLS.

LULZ. 8)

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:46 pm

uvabro wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
uvabro wrote:DON'T LISTEN TO THESE HATERS. GO TO CATHOLIC!

FIRST OFF CATHOLIC HAS THE DC MARKET, AND THERE'S NOT A LOT OF COMPETITION THERE. MOST GEORGETOWN GRADS TRY TO GET OUT OF DC, AND UVA STUDENTS REALLY JUST ALL WORK IN CHARLOTTESVILLE WHICH IS 1 OF THE MAJOR LAW MARKETS IN THE US.

ALSO CATHOLIC IS VERY GOOD ACROSS THE US, BECAUSE THERE ARE CATHOLIC PEOPLE EVERY WHERE SO WHEN THEY SEE THAT RESUME WITH THE BIG C, THEY'RE GOING TO THINK THIS IS A GOOD CHURCH GOER AND A GREAT ADDITION TO OUR FIRM.

ALSO, THERE'S ALWAYS A GOOD CHANCE THE RECRUITER IS DYSLEXIC AND WILL CONFUSE CATHOLIC FOR COLUMBIA SO YOU'RE REALLY GETTING TO GO TO A TOP 5 WITH SCHOLARSHIP $.
If you're going to troll at least make it funny and/or worth reading.
yo f off bro. everyone always gives the same advice about everything. there's no law school secret. it's wide published every where on every forum in every magazine in every newspaper.

if somebody still can't figure it out, it's called darwinism. it is better to let them crumble and let a big business get the $.

Yeah, but it wasn't funny.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:49 pm

Nova wrote:Maryland and Rutgers are joining the big 10?

weak.
Where have you been, living under a rock?

WTF is going on with this thread? This is so bad. OP, please don't go to these schools.

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:50 pm

TLS needs to stop being as nice as they are to people that are making awful decisions. OP, unless you have a job lined up at Daddy's firm after graduation, don't go to either of these law schools.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:51 pm

I thought everyone was telling OP to not go to either of these schools. Then it veered off.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:53 pm

It veered horribly off when UVABRO started his poor attempt at trolling.

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:56 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:It veered horribly off when UVABRO started his poor attempt at trolling.
I thought UVA bros were supposed to be chill and laid back dudes you wanna have a beer with

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:02 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:It veered horribly off when UVABRO started his poor attempt at trolling.
I thought UVA bros were supposed to be chill and laid back dudes you wanna have a beer with
Not this UVA bro, apparently. My opinion of UVA is decreasing.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:04 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:

weak.
Over the past 4 months, yes.:(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:06 pm

Nova wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:

weak.
This is why I got out of the law school game and am already feeling like a better me. Better workout regimen, better eating habits, more hanging out with friends. Life is not good but it's better than it was.

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:07 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:
Because of a 0L on TLS?

That's it, I'm rooting for Bama.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:10 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:
Because of a 0L on TLS?

That's it, I'm rooting for Bama.
He's a 1L, and I was kidding. I actually really like UVA.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:21 pm

BearsGrl for hall of fame 2012 best troll of the year!!! (BG, you know youve been nominated and are considered a frontrunner right?)

The "I have a friend who went to cooley and got a legal job" + "MSU is good for practicing outside Michigan" were great additions to this thread and her legacy.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Nova wrote:BearsGrl for hall of fame 2012 best troll of the year!!! (BG, you know youve been nominated and are considered a frontrunner right?)

The "I have a friend who went to cooley and got a legal job" + "MSU is good for practicing outside Michigan" were great additions to this thread and her legacy.
Yes, providing examples for people to roll with is trolling. I never said 1 is 100. Seriously, you need a new hobby if your Christmas break is trolling a "troll." :shock:

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:44 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Nova wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:

weak.
This is why I got out of the law school game and am already feeling like a better me. Better workout regimen, better eating habits, more hanging out with friends. Life is not good but it's better than it was.

You dropped out bearsgrl?

doglover0702

Bronze

Post by doglover0702 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:45 pm

OP here. For the record, I'm not going to either of these schools. But holy cow did it veer off topic.

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:46 pm

doglover0702 wrote:OP here. For the record, I'm not going to either of these schools. But holy cow did it veer off topic.

YAY!!!! WE SAVED ANOTHER!

HALLELUJAH!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Eberry

Diamond

Post by Eberry » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:51 pm

doglover0702 wrote:OP here. For the record, I'm not going to either of these schools. But holy cow did it veer off topic.
You've made a wise decision.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:57 pm

spleenworship wrote:
I will be making it official next week I believe. I've decided that with my school, the long-term debt risk isn't smart. I also did not perform well and I largely blame that on my school. I haven't closed the law school idea, but I need to step back, retake the LSAT and try for a more limited and targeted amount of schools. I will go to (hopefully) a masters program in the state that I moved to (which realistically is a state that I wanted to move to long-term).

I am doing my best to try to tell others to not go (while being nice) because the blunt "here are the statistics" is not working on people. People are just that idealistic.

cahwc12

Silver

Post by cahwc12 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:04 pm

spleenworship wrote:

HALLELUJAH!
I wonder if anyone would be interested in aggregating a thread collection of "lives saved by TLS groupthink" and "ones who got away." It's very encouraging to see it when it happens, and I wonder what our collective batting average is.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:07 pm

cahwc12 wrote:
spleenworship wrote:

HALLELUJAH!
I wonder if anyone would be interested in aggregating a thread collection of "lives saved by TLS groupthink" and "ones who got away." It's very encouraging to see it when it happens, and I wonder what our collective batting average is.
TLS didn't initially save me, but it saved me from trying to fight through for a second semester. For that, I will be long-term grateful.

However, TLS needs to change its strategy of always yelling at newbies because they legitimately do have questions and aren't aware of the risks. I know of someone who has also chosen to discontinue going to my school based on research done AFTER being in school.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:11 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
spleenworship wrote:
I will be making it official next week I believe. I've decided that with my school, the long-term debt risk isn't smart. I also did not perform well and I largely blame that on my school. I haven't closed the law school idea, but I need to step back, retake the LSAT and try for a more limited and targeted amount of schools. I will go to (hopefully) a masters program in the state that I moved to (which realistically is a state that I wanted to move to long-term).

I am doing my best to try to tell others to not go (while being nice) because the blunt "here are the statistics" is not working on people. People are just that idealistic.

Well, good luck chica. It looks like you might be moving from troll to actual person, and while I will miss your unintentional trolling, I accept that you are on the right path to personhood... so seriously, good luck.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:59 pm

spleenworship wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
spleenworship wrote:

Well, good luck chica. It looks like you might be moving from troll to actual person, and while I will miss your unintentional trolling, I accept that you are on the right path to personhood... so seriously, good luck.
Hahaha - It would never be my resume that precluded me from appealing to law firms. My resume is stellar, as are my people skills. I spoke with a major law firm associate who gave me an "ooooh" after knowing about where I had worked. Just because I don't operate under the TLS hive-mind, doesn't mean that my thoughts aren't legit. If I had listened to a community like TLS, I wouldn't have pursued my first masters degree and would not have gained the AMAZING internships that I did. :D

TLS just needs less mean trollery and more legit commentary and people would heed the advice given.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”