Indiana Tech Law School Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:01 pm

hiima3L wrote:Via the FB group I found out a friend of a friend is in the incoming class. What do?
Link this thread to his/her FB wall. Like your own post.

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:10 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
hiima3L wrote:Via the FB group I found out a friend of a friend is in the incoming class. What do?
Send him a private message. If you do it publicly you risk a backlash from his ignorant friends/relatives who think you're squashing his dreams of making millions of dollars and buying them all Cadillacs. Make sure to explain that if any school is unlikely to clear even the ABA's low provision accreditation hurdle it's going to be ITLS.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:32 pm

scottidsntknow wrote: LOL at that guy posting some meme about law school and then being the only one to like it.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:35 pm

xylocarp wrote:
MikeJD wrote:How many people can they get to enroll this fall???
The Facebook group for the c/o 2017 has 13 members. At least one guy is participating a lot but says he isn't attending (?); at least two members are administrators. So that's ten. There might be more who don't have Facebook, but then more people in the Facebook group might not end up attending. So personally I'm hoping it'll be ten or less.
He says he isn't attending the event on July 10th. I'm pretty sure he's attending the school.

nightcheese

New

Post by nightcheese » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:37 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
nightcheese wrote:XXXXX's facebook status on July 3
Although I only have 3 weeks left with my New Orleans Banana Republic family, it has brought me great joy to received such a great review by my general manager they are transferring me to the Glenbrook Square Mall in Fort Wayne, Indiana where I will still be employed while in law school.
Dude, forget about law school and stay at Banana Republic. You'll be a million times better off.
Probably shouldn't use his name. I would redact that, bro.
Name removed.

But if he ever comes across this thread, my point still stands. Being a wage slave at an overpriced clothing store is a far better option than being a wage slave at an overpriced clothing store while having a worthless degree and insurmountable student loan debt.
Last edited by nightcheese on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nightcheese

New

Post by nightcheese » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:44 pm

timbs4339 wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Send him a private message. If you do it publicly you risk a backlash from his ignorant friends/relatives who think you're squashing his dreams of making millions of dollars and buying them all Cadillacs. Make sure to explain that if any school is unlikely to clear even the ABA's low provision accreditation hurdle it's going to be ITLS.
Speaking of accreditation, when are they up for it? Anyone want to start placing bets?

daleearnhardt123

Bronze

Post by daleearnhardt123 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:53 pm

lol at "shitposting". From now on anything that someone from ITLS does needs to be prefaced with "shit-".
For example: " last night I saw that shit-poster from the ITLS Facebook group shit-shopping at Walmart"
Or: "The ITLS grad got shitcanned shortly after starting his shitlaw job for failing to capitalize any letters in a shit-filing. Something about hip hop culture that his shit-prof taught him."

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:05 pm

Looks like the administrator for the page posted this in one of the comments:
Everyone who has paid a deposit has been invited to join the page, but not everyone is into facebook, so try not to be discouraged that not everyone is active here.
"Our scam school is not circling the drain, even though it looks like it, because there's MOAR students not on Facebook that we've admitted! No need to worry!"

But in other words, it does look like everyone on that page has paid a deposit. There's 13 members, but I'm not sure how many are school administrators. There's at least 1, if not 2.

Depending on how many people are not on Facebook (which in my experience with law school, is fairly low), we might see an Indy Tech class of like 15 people this year.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:16 pm

I also have to add, it's very hart-wrenching to see those people get all excited and picking up and moving across the country over a school that won't even be open probably in another year.

It should be a crime for them to even keep it open. I just can't believe that people are allowed to do this kind of stuff in this country and get away with it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jd20132013

Silver

Post by jd20132013 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:18 pm

Leave deer out of this, JCougar.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:29 pm

JCougar wrote:I also have to add, it's very hart-wrenching to see those people get all excited and picking up and moving across the country over a school that won't even be open probably in another year.

It should be a crime for them to even keep it open. I just can't believe that people are allowed to do this kind of stuff in this country and get away with it.
Freakin' pond scummings man

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:38 pm

I love that name. pond scummings. It just rolls off the tongue.

ymmv

Diamond

Post by ymmv » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:39 pm

Do you believe in prayer?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crazycanuck

Gold

Post by crazycanuck » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:48 pm

ITLS wouldn't be bad if it was a low cost provider in their city that can put out a few law school educated people into the marketplace for very cheap, like 10k tuition in total. That would actually be innovative. Grads could actually serve poors and become community leaders because they wouldn't be mounted in debt. But 29.5k is brutal.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:55 pm

crazycanuck wrote:ITLS wouldn't be bad if it was a low cost provider in their city that can put out a few law school educated people into the marketplace for very cheap, like 10k tuition in total. That would actually be innovative. Grads could actually serve poors and become community leaders because they wouldn't be mounted in debt. But 29.5k is brutal.
I would like to point out that this is where (certain) schools that tend to get made fun of or downplayed can actually be, frankly, really great.

E.g.:
People's College of Law has $4k annual tuition.

crazycanuck

Gold

Post by crazycanuck » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:01 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:
crazycanuck wrote:ITLS wouldn't be bad if it was a low cost provider in their city that can put out a few law school educated people into the marketplace for very cheap, like 10k tuition in total. That would actually be innovative. Grads could actually serve poors and become community leaders because they wouldn't be mounted in debt. But 29.5k is brutal.
I would like to point out that this is where (certain) schools that tend to get made fun of or downplayed can actually be, frankly, really great.

E.g.:
Totally agree. PCL is actually serving a purpose. They aren't pretending grads will become hotshot big lawyers making 1mi a year, and people don't go there hoping to become that.

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:06 pm

timbs4339 wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
This is much better than my answer.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ymmv

Diamond

Post by ymmv » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:11 pm

crazycanuck wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:

E.g.:
Totally agree. PCL is actually serving a purpose. They aren't pretending grads will become hotshot big lawyers making 1mi a year, and people don't go there hoping to become that.
Wikipedia wrote:For the years 1997 through 2010, 29 Peoples College graduates have taken the California Bar Examination as first-time takers; of that number, 3 passed the examination for a pass rate of 10%.
Yes sir definitely serving a noble community purpose at $16k a head.

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:35 pm

ymmv wrote:
crazycanuck wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:

E.g.:
Wikipedia wrote:For the years 1997 through 2010, 29 Peoples College graduates have taken the California Bar Examination as first-time takers; of that number, 3 passed the examination for a pass rate of 10%.
Even with the low bar passage rates, and I doubt most PCL students expect to pass on the first try, it allows someone who probably isn't ever going to be prepared to enter the profession to get their law school fix (i.e. make their law school mistake) without bankrupting them. In other words, if the true-bottom feeder schools cost the same of amount of money as PCL it might not be ideal but it would be leagues better than the current system where if you fail you're in a financial hole you'll never climb out of.

If people are gonna make the mistake (and in America they are absolutely going to) might as well not let them ruin their lives and the lives of all their family members while doing it.
Last edited by timbs4339 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:36 pm

ymmv wrote:
crazycanuck wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:

E.g.:
I mean, I'm not entirely certain that creating practicing attorneys is the primary goal of the school, it's essentially open enrollment (i.e., there's no reason to think that a "better" school would get higher bar pass rates), and at $4k/year it's about as low-risk of a degree as you can buy.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:49 pm

timbs4339 wrote: Even with the low bar passage rates, and I doubt most PCL students expect to pass on the first try, it allows someone who probably isn't ever going to be prepared to enter the profession to get their law school fix (i.e. make their law school mistake) without bankrupting them. In other words, if the true-bottom feeder schools cost the same of amount of money as PCL it might not be ideal but it would be leagues better than the current system where if you fail you're in a financial hole you'll never climb out of.

If people are gonna make the mistake (and in America they are absolutely going to) might as well not let them ruin their lives and the lives of all their family members while doing it.
I'd actually be fine with enrollment where it is if law school tuition nationally was slashed by like 80%. Let people go through the process, etc. Because admissions criteria are only moderately decent predictors of success. There's always a few people with bad GPAs and LSATs that would be able to succeed given the chance.

But forcing people to take out $200K in debt before they figure out whether they will make it or not is criminal.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:51 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:I mean, I'm not entirely certain that creating practicing attorneys is the primary goal of the school, it's essentially open enrollment (i.e., there's no reason to think that a "better" school would get higher bar pass rates), and at $4k/year it's about as low-risk of a degree as you can buy.
Yeah, schools like this could benefit compliance folks, etc., who work with legal stuff at their jobs, but don't actually need to be lawyers.

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:53 pm

JCougar wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:I mean, I'm not entirely certain that creating practicing attorneys is the primary goal of the school, it's essentially open enrollment (i.e., there's no reason to think that a "better" school would get higher bar pass rates), and at $4k/year it's about as low-risk of a degree as you can buy.
Yeah, schools like this could benefit compliance folks, etc., who work with legal stuff at their jobs, but don't actually need to be lawyers.
If I was law school czar I'd have schools like this scattered around the country in metro areas. Basically schools that are run by practicing lawyers and maybe a couple of administrators, that are essentially bar prep with a smattering of socratic/case method stuff and essentially open enrollment (maybe just a criminal background check to make sure the person can pass C+F). Then close every law school except for the top 20, which can charge up to 30K a year, and most of the state schools, which should charge no more than 15K.

Problem solved for everyone but the deans, profs, and rich, egotistical alumni.

daleearnhardt123

Bronze

Post by daleearnhardt123 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:40 pm

Can we get off this PCL tangent and résumé figuring out how to get this threads link on ITLS' Facebook page ?

jingosaur

Gold

Post by jingosaur » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:43 pm

daleearnhardt123 wrote:Can we get off this PCL tangent and résumé figuring out how to get this threads link on ITLS' Facebook page ?
It's an open group bro. Just join the group and post it if you want it there that badly.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”