Military Vets at Columbia?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Kring345

Military Vets at Columbia?

Postby Kring345 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:42 pm

Are there any military vets at Columbia that can talk to me about finances? By some grace of God, I was just accepted (literally like 30 min ago) to CLS, and one of the first things I did was check the yellow ribbon program. It's a fairly low number, so the cost would still be 24k/yr rather than 0/yr at Mich. Do they compensate typically with other funding at all? I know some schools reserve "leadership" scholarships for vets often times. Also, need-based for vets? Do they account a lot for parents when the student will be older (I'll be 27 years old)?

Thanks everyone. Still kinda shocked by the CLS acceptance, so apologizes if this doesnt make a whole hell of a lot of sense.

Cravin

Re: Military Vets at Columbia?

Postby Cravin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:08 am

I can only speak to the yellow ribbon program - I have been told by the FinAid office that they are increasing it to $5000 from $4500. I don't know about the rest, but hopefully the difference is made up in some fashion or another. Otherwise, CLS is going to have a very hard time competing with Harvard, Stanford, Mich, UVA, Penn, etc.

Kring345

Re: Military Vets at Columbia?

Postby Kring345 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:43 pm

That's an extra 1k per year. I'll take it!

Any one have any additional info?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”