Schools Offering the Best Quality of Life Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Opie

Silver

Re: Schools Offering the Best Quality of Life

Post by Opie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:59 pm

Even though the weather part isn't great, I'm surprised nobody mentioned Cornell. Isn't Ithaca supposed to be like the college life mecca?

Anyway, most people who are gunning for HYS probably aren't QoL heavy in their decisions.

When taking a family along, it is way more important to find out what THEY want in good QoL than "chill and happy classmates, warm weather, fun and exciting things to do." I would look more to employment for your spouse, good schools for your kids, low cost of living, etc.

Check out lists like these:
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2011/
http://www.parenting.com/article/2011-b ... es-to-live

Fred_McGriff

Bronze

Post by Fred_McGriff » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:02 am

Tulane, UVA, UNC, UGA.

Gail

Silver

Post by Gail » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:30 pm

mrloblaw wrote:Do you seriously want to make one of the most important decisions of the rest of your life based solely on where you can get the best weather for the next three years? Everything else you mentioned is pretty much fungible--law students are law students, and any purported differences will be overblown. And as far as fun things to do, drop the notion that you're going to have a great social life at any law school. I've done law school in a small college town and in NYC (transfer); I don't have enough spare time to discern between the two.
If you aren't at HYS, then your national mobility is limited anyways. To a lesser extent CCN will move you nationally as well. Anything past that in the top 20 is broadly regional (Texas has the southwest, UCLA/USC have the Pacific, and Vanderbilt has the southeast).

So, it isn't just 3 years he is talking about here, it actually is the rest of his life. If he simply cannot stand to live in the cold for the rest of his life, he'd be better served going to some place like Vanderbilt or a tier 1 southern school over attending Northwestern and hoping on landing in Tennessee.

vkgarrett

Bronze

Post by vkgarrett » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:56 am

USD?

BeenDidThat

Silver

Post by BeenDidThat » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:31 am

Opie wrote:Isn't Ithaca supposed to be like the college life mecca?
No. Just...no.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”