(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:20 pm
If you get off of one waitlist, tell them you're 100% ready to accept the offer, etc., should you withdraw from all other waitlists? Or is it acceptable to wait on a higher ranked school? I might potentially be in this position, and am happy with the school that has offered me a spot, but wasn't sure what protocol is.
- Posts: 19810
- Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm
I think it is perfectly okay to stay on other waitlists unless they ask you to withdraw from them. If they do then I would ask them if you can stay on other waitlists as that is kind of hypocritical of them to accept you off of a waitlist but expect you to withdraw from other waitlists.
- Posts: 1073
- Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am
i think it depends on the school. according to some ABA or LSAC rule, a school cannot force you to withdraw from a school that has not given you an actual decision (waitlist, hold). but i know that some schools, when asking for you to sign an intent to enroll, write that by submitting this intent to enroll, you are agreeing to certain conditions such as removing yourself from other school's waitlist. just read the contract you're signing when you enroll to be sure.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: RSolano and 3 guests