Minnesota vs. William & Mary?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
cbloomfi

Minnesota vs. William & Mary?

Postby cbloomfi » Wed May 11, 2011 10:47 am

Same price, same basic cost.

The difference in rankings is minimal (Minn 20, W&M 27). Since they're not T14 schools, I know that region is important. I don't know if I want to live in Minneapolis (I'm from Boston), but Williamsburg is tiny. Any thoughts on which of these two schools will offer the best job prospects, and best quality of life after I graduate? My ultimate goal is to go into federal law enforcement and/or prosecution.

jcdc

Re: Minnesota vs. William & Mary?

Postby jcdc » Wed May 11, 2011 10:51 am

Almost no W&M grads stay in Williamsburg... most go to surrounding cities in VA (Richmond, Norfolk, Newport News, Virginia Beach, etc). It also feeds very heavily into government positions in DC. Minnesota would feed mostly into the Midwest.

Northeast

Postby Northeast » Wed May 11, 2011 10:58 am

go with Minnesota. Less competition.

aliarrow

Postby aliarrow » Wed May 11, 2011 11:05 am

W&M if you want federal enforcement (or anything Fed. Gov't related due to placement and prxoimity to DC).

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed May 11, 2011 11:09 am

Minnesota's market is primarily in the Twin Cities area although it plans to offer an OCI in San Francisco. William & Mary has Virginia, Wash DC & the Mid-Atlantic region, but also faces intense competition. Depends upon where you want to live & work after law school. Congratulations !

Return to “Choosing a Law School”