WUSTL (114k) vs. UT (sticker), please help!!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

WUSTL (114k) vs. UT (sticker), please help!!

Postby IceCube » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:16 pm

Title says it all, basically. After being waitlisted at most of the lower T-14, plus Cornell being frustratingly slow at any response, I am looking at attending WashU with 114k over 3 years, or UT-Austin at sticker price.

Due to my financial situation and parental support, WUSTL would mean that I would graduate virtually debt free. Texas, however, would involve extensive, 6-figure loans to cover the tuition for Out-of-state. I submitted a scholarship match request to UT, but they stated they typically don't consider WUSTL to be a peer school, so I am not hopeful that they will reconsider the initial offer.

Ideally, I would like to have a BigLaw-type job in Litigation (I think), and I am not adverse to relocating. Austin as a city seems amazing, and being from St. Louis I can safely say that it..isn't that amazing. I am aware that WUSTL has struggled in recent years with placement, but I question whether that sentiment is exaggerated on this board. Is anyone else in a similar situation, or perhaps a student at either of these schools could give some input. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Re: WUSTL (114k) vs. UT (sticker), please help!!

Postby patrickd139 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:20 pm

St. Louis ties + free law school = win. Enjoy WUSTL.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”