WUSTL vs. Vandy vs. Duke for St. Louis employment

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Choose my fate!

WUSTL 135k (45/year)
73%
Vandy 84k (28/year)
6%
Duke 72k (24/year)
20%

Total votes: 83

Re: WUSTL vs. Vandy vs. Duke for St. Louis employment

Postby 09042014 » Tue May 24, 2011 11:29 am

Slevin Kelevra 2011 wrote:
thexfactor wrote:duke/vandy or reapply.
Your numbers are really good and can get ccn next cycle without any problems.
Don't sell yourself short. You might even get a full scholarship at a lower t14 or vandy.
There is a HUGE difference between t14 schools and wustl.
Getting a job should be more important than location right now.

This. WUSTL doesn't guarantee you employment in St. Louis. If anything, you are going to be competing with every other WUSTL student for the same jobs. Coming from a better law school, you will stand out amongst the WUSTL applicants and have an edge they don't. Duke would be my pick. If you ever decide to leave MO, you can other places from Duke. The same can't be said for WUSTL.

Not just competing with WUSTL grads, but with T13 grads too. And also with St Louis Uni. students.

If I were OP, I'd recycle, take a year and work. OP will get Uni. of Chicago, which St Louis frims will love, and a chance at $$ at Michigan and Northwestern. Even Duke should be giving $$.

And another shot at HYS.

Re-cycle.

klhtq5

Re: WUSTL vs. Vandy vs. Duke for St. Louis employment

Postby klhtq5 » Tue May 24, 2011 1:50 pm

To those of you who are considering going to WUSTL and are from STL, what high school did you go to? I moved away from Saint Louis and will be returning in the fall to go here! My parents- super excited. Me- making sure I find an apartment at least a fifteen minute drive from them.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”