I applied this year in the middle of October with a 167, sub-3.8 and 2 years WE. I'm currently waitlisted at UChicago and UMich, on hold at Harvard and NU, and I haven't heard back from NYU (assuming rejection, possibly waitlist).
I'm considering a June retake to try to get off waitlists, but 1) I really don't want to take the LSAT again and 2) I figure that if I do raise my score by even a couple of points it would make more sense to reapply next cycle, and I'm not really sure what I would do with myself for an extra year. However, I'd also feel really awful giving up on some of these schools that I was so close to getting into.
Regardless of whether I decide to retake, I need to put down a deposit somewhere. I'm interested in government/PI but I'm not totally sure what I want to do. I worked in two Chicago biglaw firms so I have very good connections in Chicago and I'd probably like to end up there. I have a lot of debt from undergrad so the idea of Illinois with $$ is very appealing, but I worry about missing out on better opportunities from Georgetown or Cornell.
(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 963
- Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:05 pm
If you're interested in biglaw, go Cornell, it'll be worth it even without money. if you're not, retake and look for more money from a t14.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], pros and 4 guests