Duke v GULC

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
StickyIcky
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:13 pm

Duke v GULC

Postby StickyIcky » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:56 pm

Some concerns:

1) Any elements of stoner culture (hence my username)

2) Is Durham an actual place to live?

3) Attractiveness/DTFness of females


If you are morally repulsed by my concerns, that's fine, just ignore this thread. If you'd like to help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

socraticmethodman
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby socraticmethodman » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:58 pm

lmao, I can't wait to see where this goes.

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby FuManChusco » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:00 pm

In regards to #2, no you cannot live there. They actually section off Durham and it has 0 residents. you have to live in a neighboring town and commute. it's some odd law from the 1800's. I've never really understood it.

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:02 pm

StickyIcky wrote:Some concerns:

1) Any elements of stoner culture (hence my username)

2) Is Durham an actual place to live?

3) Attractiveness/DTFness of females


If you are morally repulsed by my concerns, that's fine, just ignore this thread. If you'd like to help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.


1) Minimal to non-existant at both.
2/3) No, live in Chapel Hill.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby fatduck » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:04 pm

1) Any elements of stoner culture (hence my username)

i'd give duke a slight edge in quality of weed, but if you're into any harder drugs i think D.C. wins hands-down for obvious reasons.

2) Is Durham an actual place to live?

it's good for chillin' like a villain, maxin' relaxin'. i think you'll be fine.

3) Attractiveness/DTFness of females

this is a tough one. by my calculations, about 80% of white people in D.C. are women. with more to choose from, you're bound to find more attractive targets. then again, at duke you don't have to worry if they're DTF or not. that was a rape joke, in case you missed it (since you're probably stoned).

If you are morally repulsed by my concerns, that's fine, just ignore this thread. If you'd like to help, I'd really appreciate it.

no worries bro, you seem like a real straight shooter, and i appreciate that.

Thanks.

pleasure was all mine.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby thecilent » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Very thorough, fatduck.

StickyIcky
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:13 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby StickyIcky » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:29 pm

fatduck wrote:
1) Any elements of stoner culture (hence my username)

i'd give duke a slight edge in quality of weed, but if you're into any harder drugs i think D.C. wins hands-down for obvious reasons.

2) Is Durham an actual place to live?

it's good for chillin' like a villain, maxin' relaxin'. i think you'll be fine.

3) Attractiveness/DTFness of females

this is a tough one. by my calculations, about 80% of white people in D.C. are women. with more to choose from, you're bound to find more attractive targets. then again, at duke you don't have to worry if they're DTF or not. that was a rape joke, in case you missed it (since you're probably stoned).

If you are morally repulsed by my concerns, that's fine, just ignore this thread. If you'd like to help, I'd really appreciate it.

no worries bro, you seem like a real straight shooter, and i appreciate that.

Thanks.

pleasure was all mine.



Immensely helpful, thanks so much. Seriously appreciated.

StickyIcky
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:13 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby StickyIcky » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:10 pm

bumpity?

User avatar
Nogameisfair
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby Nogameisfair » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:17 pm

There are plenty of DTF in DC, the transient nature of the city makes casual sexual interaction fairly normal. The problem is in the attractiveness area. I don't know much about Durham, but I think almost any place would have a higher percentage or attractive women. I'll be heading to NYC asap.

emmbar53
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby emmbar53 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:23 pm

StickyIcky wrote:Some concerns:

1) Any elements of stoner culture (hence my username)

2) Is Durham an actual place to live?

3) Attractiveness/DTFness of females


If you are morally repulsed by my concerns, that's fine, just ignore this thread. If you'd like to help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.


This thread is relevant to my interests. I have related questions to add to your list:

4) Where is the street price of crack cheaper? Durham or Washington D.C.? (Quality is not an issue, as I will be focusing more on quantity.)

5) Which city is most friendly to necrophiliacs?

6) Is time travel legal in North Carolina?


Once I get answers to these questions, I will be able to make an informed decision on which law school to attend.

User avatar
edgarfigaro
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby edgarfigaro » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:25 pm

Live in Carrboro with the dirty hippies instead of Durham and you'll be fine. Coeds at UNC are both fairly attractive and super desperate.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby fatduck » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:29 pm

emmbar53 wrote:
StickyIcky wrote:Some concerns:

1) Any elements of stoner culture (hence my username)

2) Is Durham an actual place to live?

3) Attractiveness/DTFness of females


If you are morally repulsed by my concerns, that's fine, just ignore this thread. If you'd like to help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.


This thread is relevant to my interests. I have related questions to add to your list:

4) Where is the street price of crack cheaper? Durham or Washington D.C.? (Quality is not an issue, as I will be focusing more on quantity.)

5) Which city is most friendly to necrophiliacs?

6) Is time travel legal in North Carolina?

Once I get answers to these questions, I will be able to make an informed decision on which law school to attend.

4.) D.C. by a mile

5.) probably Durham. while D.C. has more graves per capita, it also has some of the most prestigious (Arlington), and they are heavily guarded

6.) yes, but the law was only passed a couple years ago, so if you're going further back than that you'll be fine

User avatar
Alex-Trof
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:42 am

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby Alex-Trof » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:37 pm

emmbar53 wrote:
StickyIcky wrote:Some concerns:

1) Any elements of stoner culture (hence my username)

2) Is Durham an actual place to live?

3) Attractiveness/DTFness of females


If you are morally repulsed by my concerns, that's fine, just ignore this thread. If you'd like to help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.


This thread is relevant to my interests. I have related questions to add to your list:

4) Where is the street price of crack cheaper? Durham or Washington D.C.? (Quality is not an issue, as I will be focusing more on quantity.)

5) Which city is most friendly to necrophiliacs?

6) Is time travel legal in North Carolina?


Once I get answers to these questions, I will be able to make an informed decision on which law school to attend.

Image

To some people quality of life (which may include weed, women, and what not) is relevant when picking a place to spend 3 years. There is no need to pass judgments.

barry
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:30 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby barry » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:45 pm

1) dont know

2) dont know but Chapel Hill is supposed to be baller

3) all my UNC friends say girls at UNC are desperate due to girl guy ratio 2:1 (flaunting a duke law pedigree could prolly get mad ass in durham/chapel hill as well) or something and DC women have reputation for being ugly

StickyIcky
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:13 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby StickyIcky » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:21 pm

Alex-Trof wrote:To some people quality of life (which may include weed, women, and what not) is relevant when picking a place to spend 3 years. There is no need to pass judgments.


+1

Thanks all for the advice everyone.

To all the haters, maybe it will relax you to know I plan on going into public interest and want to work hard at the school I choose and get good grades.

However, I won't be ashamed that some of my passionate interests include weed and sex. I'm honestly freaked out at some of the things "normal" people enjoy (hiking and bar hopping come to mind), but I'd never pass judgment. To each her own.

protein
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:44 am

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby protein » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Duke girls' looks are notorious within North Carolina

Take that how you will

socraticmethodman
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby socraticmethodman » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:58 pm


User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:04 pm

protein wrote:Duke girls' looks are notorious within North Carolina

Take that how you will


Duke's females are a collection of the ugliest smart chicks from Jersey.

User avatar
Magnolia
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:06 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby Magnolia » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:16 pm

1. The only things to do in NC are drink and get high.

2. Yes, but I'd recommend joining a gang if you want to outlive your lease.

3. The response about the 2:1 ratio at UNC and chicks being desperate is absolutely credited. If you're looking to stay closer to home, I'd recommend hitting up Duke UG frat parties. Rohypnol is a standard drink ingredient for them.

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Magnolia wrote:3. The response about the 2:1 ratio at UNC and chicks being desperate is absolutely credited.


NYT can verify: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/fashion/07campus.html

User avatar
Magnolia
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:06 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby Magnolia » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:31 pm

Moral_Midgetry wrote:
Magnolia wrote:3. The response about the 2:1 ratio at UNC and chicks being desperate is absolutely credited.


NYT can verify: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/fashion/07campus.html

My conservative friends who went there got slutty. My slutty friends who went there got even sluttier. UNC spreads legs.

emmbar53
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby emmbar53 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:21 am

Alex-Trof wrote:
emmbar53 wrote:
StickyIcky wrote:Some concerns:

1) Any elements of stoner culture (hence my username)

2) Is Durham an actual place to live?

3) Attractiveness/DTFness of females


If you are morally repulsed by my concerns, that's fine, just ignore this thread. If you'd like to help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.


This thread is relevant to my interests. I have related questions to add to your list:

4) Where is the street price of crack cheaper? Durham or Washington D.C.? (Quality is not an issue, as I will be focusing more on quantity.)

5) Which city is most friendly to necrophiliacs?

6) Is time travel legal in North Carolina?


Once I get answers to these questions, I will be able to make an informed decision on which law school to attend.

Image

To some people quality of life (which may include weed, women, and what not) is relevant when picking a place to spend 3 years. There is no need to pass judgments.


Yea, it's great for a future lawyer to routinely buy weed. Breaking the law is a surefire way to pass the bar.

Please don't give legitimacy to this guy's concerns. Expected lifestyle is one thing. Hoping to illegally buy drugs is another.

And there are fuckable people wherever you go, so that issue is irrelevant.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby beachbum » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:28 am

StickyIcky, I am being absolutely sincere when I say that I hope you choose Duke.

StickyIcky
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:13 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby StickyIcky » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:52 am

emmbar53 wrote:Yea, it's great for a future lawyer to routinely buy weed. Breaking the law is a surefire way to pass the bar.

Please don't give legitimacy to this guy's concerns. Expected lifestyle is one thing. Hoping to illegally buy drugs is another.


your theory of legal positivism is so persuasive. i like how you just say that illegal = bad/don't do it, and leave it at that. pretty brilliant analysis if you ask me. thanks mr. mackey.

emmbar53
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Duke v GULC

Postby emmbar53 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:00 am

StickyIcky wrote:
emmbar53 wrote:Yea, it's great for a future lawyer to routinely buy weed. Breaking the law is a surefire way to pass the bar.

Please don't give legitimacy to this guy's concerns. Expected lifestyle is one thing. Hoping to illegally buy drugs is another.


your theory of legal positivism is so persuasive. i like how you just say that illegal = bad/don't do it, and leave it at that. pretty brilliant analysis if you ask me. thanks mr. mackey.


Ha, I didn't say that illegal = bad. I believe weed should be legalized.

What I said was performing illegal action=bad way to start legal career.

Not making any sort of moral condemnation. Just saying that, practically speaking, it's a bad decision.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anon sequitur, carasrook and 6 guests