Davis vs. W&L... Waiting on 1 Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Better option

Davis CoA 20,000 per year
75%
W&L CoA 20,000 per year
25%

Total votes: 8

amers73

Bronze

Davis vs. W&L... Waiting on 1

Post by amers73 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:56 pm

I got into both Davis and W&L these schools will cost the same for me I have a scholarship at one and Calvet will cover tuition at Davis so I'm going to estimate the COA (per year is going to be about 20,000). I'm from socal and I love both of these schools. I have connections on CA and Upstate NY, but none in Virginia. I don't have a location preference. I've been to Davis and I really liked it, but I won't get to visit the LS before the seat deposit deadline. I'm visiting W&L soon. Any input? In the long run does UCD's ranking jump matter?

I'm still waiting to hear from ND before making the final decision.

bk1

Diamond

Re: Davis vs. W&L... Waiting on 1

Post by bk1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:59 pm

Take whichever you like better. Though, I'd lean towards Davis because it will have better traction in SoCal assuming you already know and like that area compared to VA which is an unknown.

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:59 pm

amers73 wrote:I got into both Davis and W&L these schools will cost the same for me I have a scholarship at one and Calvet will cover tuition at Davis so I'm going to estimate the COA (per year is going to be about 20,000). I'm from socal and I love both of these schools. I have connections on CA and Upstate NY, but none in Virginia. I don't have a location preference. I've been to Davis and I really liked it, but I won't get to visit the LS before the seat deposit deadline. I'm visiting W&L soon. Any input? In the long run does UCD's ranking jump matter?

I'm still waiting to hear from ND before making the final decision.
They're both good schools. I would personally pick W&L b/c I like it more but it never hurts to have connections when getting a job so Davis would be better in that instance. I don't think a W&L degree will mean as much in CA but your connections could help. In NY the educated know what W&L is all about but it doesn't have as much lay recognition.

emoticons777

Bronze

Post by emoticons777 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:34 pm

I was WL at both Davis and W&L, and ended up getting into both. I went to W&L because it accepted me first.

If you want to work in California, do not go to W&L. If you want to work in the South or DC, W&L is your best bet.

If you don't know where you want to work, take into consideration where you would be most comfortable living. W&L is very Southern, and is a very, very, small town with no nightlife and only a Wal-Mart. I cannot speak re: Davis, but the weather would definitely be better there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”