UNC (with money) or Georgetown (sticker)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

UNC
53%
Georgetown
47%

Total votes: 15

protein

Postby protein » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:49 am

I'm very conflicted on this

I am a NC resident so I would only be paying 17k a year for tuition at UNC vs 45k at GULC

I don't really know what I want to do after law school - biglaw doesn't really seem like my thing, so maybe midlaw/government?

I'm pretty debt averse, and taking the 180k-ish plunge at GULC is very scary to me. I also think I would like to stay in NC/somewhere on the east coast

Not sure exactly how much money I would be getting from NC, but I am way past their 75% for the LSAT (171).

I also have roughly 40k stored up of savings for law school, with 0 UG debt

Thanks guys!!!

SupraVln180

Re: UNC (with money) or Georgetown (sticker)

Postby SupraVln180 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:23 am

You should get money at UNC. However, I'd imagine you applied late b/c you didn't get a Chancellors' Scholar offer, which I'm sure you would have otherwise, with a 171. Alot of the scholarship money is eaten up from all the Chancellor Scholars, which is about 30 people who all got full rides or 75% tuition, although you should get something. Either way, if you don't mind staying in NC, it is a no brainer. If you want to work in NY or DC, your decision gets tough, but depending on how rich of an individual you are, I might take GULC.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”