Soliciting Advice On Deciding Between Schools

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which is preferred?

T
10
83%
C
0
No votes
F
2
17%
U
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 12

TheFriendlyBarber
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:13 am

Soliciting Advice On Deciding Between Schools

Postby TheFriendlyBarber » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:47 pm

Thanks so much for your advice!
Last edited by TheFriendlyBarber on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Temple ($$$) v. Fordham Evening ($0) v. 'Dozo May Entry ($0)

Postby Grizz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:48 pm

Unless you're really connected down there, I'd retake and try to get into UF or UM with lots of money. Temple, Fordham, and Cardozo won't do you any favors in South FL, and Miami is way too expensive.

User avatar
Bill Cosby
Posts: 331
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:56 am

Re: Temple ($$$) v. Fordham Evening ($0) v. 'Dozo May Entry ($0)

Postby Bill Cosby » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:40 am

rad law wrote:Unless you're really connected down there, I'd retake and try to get into UF or UM with lots of money. Temple, Fordham, and Cardozo won't do you any favors in South FL, and Miami is way too expensive.


I also wonder how he's getting a full ride from Temple, but nothing from Miami.

TheFriendlyBarber
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:13 am

Re: Temple ($$$) v. Fordham Evening ($0) v. 'Dozo May Entry ($0)

Postby TheFriendlyBarber » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:44 pm

Bill Cosby wrote:
rad law wrote:Unless you're really connected down there, I'd retake and try to get into UF or UM with lots of money. Temple, Fordham, and Cardozo won't do you any favors in South FL, and Miami is way too expensive.


I also wonder how he's getting a full ride from Temple, but nothing from Miami.


:?:
Last edited by TheFriendlyBarber on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Temple ($$$) v. Fordham Evening ($0) v. 'Dozo May Entry ($0)

Postby Justathought » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:51 pm

TheFriendlyBarber wrote:
Bill Cosby wrote:
rad law wrote:Unless you're really connected down there, I'd retake and try to get into UF or UM with lots of money. Temple, Fordham, and Cardozo won't do you any favors in South FL, and Miami is way too expensive.


I also wonder how he's getting a full ride from Temple, but nothing from Miami.


I, too, found this strange. Maybe they ran out of funds, since I applied rather late in the game? I don't know.


They ran out of funds. According to what I can gather, if you applied anytime after the first week of January, you were out of luck. However, today there has been some rumbling that they might be able to award some more merit based aid if a lot of people turn down their packages.

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: Temple ($$$) v. Fordham Evening ($0) v. 'Dozo May Entry ($0)

Postby BarbellDreams » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:01 pm

Apply to UF and go there. Temple is a really good value, but if you're deadset on FL it's not going to be easy getting back there from Temple.

BeachandRun23
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:20 am

Re: Temple ($$$) v. Fordham Evening ($0) v. 'Dozo May Entry ($0)

Postby BeachandRun23 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:23 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:Apply to UF and go there. Temple is a really good value, but if you're deadset on FL it's not going to be easy getting back there from Temple.


This. A Florida school with a nice scholly would be better for you.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lsa16 and 1 guest