Villanova (scholarship) v Temple

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
pjc101

Villanova (scholarship) v Temple

Postby pjc101 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Hey everybody, looking for some solid advice.

First off I'm a Philly guy who wants to practice law in the area and has no real interest in leaving. This being said I applied to Drexel, Temple and Villanova.

I received a full ride to Drexel, 25k a year to Nova (contingent upon maintaining a 3.15 gpa) and no money from Temple.

I'm honestly struggling to decide between Temple and Nova. Nova ends up being slightly cheaper with the scholarship. I love the city of Philadelphia and I am currently an UG at Nova and love that campus/area as well.

Any and all advice would be great :) thanks

Danteshek

Re: Villanova (scholarship) v Temple

Postby Danteshek » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:45 pm

I would seriously consider Drexel if I were you. Does the full ride have stips?

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:20 pm

Use Nova's scholly to negotiate with Temple, then go to Temple.

arvcondor

Postby arvcondor » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:52 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:Use Nova's scholly to negotiate with Temple, then go to Temple.
This, although one could argue that Villanova is an equally viable option (placement is nearly identical). Still, you should leverage your Nova money to at least see what you can get from Temple; I successfully convinced them to double my money.

pjc101

Postby pjc101 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:02 pm

Drexel's full ride requires that I maintain a 3.0. Stupid question I suppose but how do I go about using my nova scholarship to leverage with Temple? Call the admissions office? Shoot off an email?

Wholigan

Postby Wholigan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:44 pm

pjc101 wrote:Drexel's full ride requires that I maintain a 3.0. Stupid question I suppose but how do I go about using my nova scholarship to leverage with Temple? Call the admissions office? Shoot off an email?

Yes, send them an email. If you already got an email from an admissions person or associate dean, send it directly to that person. I negotiated my scholly that way (not at Temple.) On the outside chance Temple doesn't offer any money, I would spend the extra $40k on Nova over Drexel. But Temple should give you money.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”