2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Eagles_Legendz
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby Eagles_Legendz » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:03 pm

Floor fell out of Nova. Down to 84.

Meanwhile, Seton Hall, Temple and PSU all significantly ahead of them.

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby FiveSermon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:03 pm

Gotti wrote:Is it stupid for me to go to fordham over GW and BU. I'm trippin balls.


No. Fordham is better for NYC than both those schools.

User avatar
ArthurDigbySellers
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:04 pm

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:
Barbie wrote:UF employed at graduation- 60%
FSU employed at graduation- 71%

shitttt...........??

That's class of 2008 too. PRE ITE.


Law school grads 08 and before might not have been affected as badly, but how can you say that 08 was not "this economy"?

SirWilliam1022
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:04 am

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby SirWilliam1022 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:04 pm

If you want to go to NYC then I could see going to Fordham over GW and Boston... but only under that circumstance. You can probably leverage money out of Fordham with those other offers too.

User avatar
DeSimone
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby DeSimone » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:04 pm

incompetentia wrote:Since when have the rankings gone all the way to #145?

why would you even look? :)

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby dakatz » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:04 pm

Gotti wrote:Is it stupid for me to go to fordham over GW and BU. I'm trippin balls.


Unless you really want to be in NYC, then hell yes it would be

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby NZA » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:04 pm

romothesavior wrote:
ArthurDigbySellers wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Arthur Digby Sellers has the best name and avatar I've seen.


Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just let out a hearty laugh.

ADS just won this thread.

User avatar
ArthurDigbySellers
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:04 pm

stratocophic wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:
stratocophic wrote:ImagePictured: WUSTL stylin' on the T18.


baller status... and so outrageously meaningless.
I just like it because 0Ls looking to validate attending non-T14s at sticker will now qualify the 'T18' as 'T18 - WUSTL'
Image


So?????? What else do we have to live for?

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby romothesavior » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:05 pm

Gotti wrote:Is it stupid for me to go to fordham over GW and BU. I'm trippin balls.

Yes. GW is ranked 10 spots higher and has the #3 national monument law program.

Anacreon
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:18 am

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby Anacreon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:05 pm

FiveSermon wrote:
ArthurDigbySellers wrote:I honestly cannot fathom how Minnesota bested BU in this year's rankings. It's got to be the law library. Minnesota has a huge one and BU's is a relative joke.


Rankings seem pretty useless after the T17.


A few hours ago anyone on here would've said t18.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby Grizz » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:06 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Gotti wrote:Is it stupid for me to go to fordham over GW and BU. I'm trippin balls.

Yes. GW is ranked 10 spots higher and has the #3 national monument law program.


This. The rankings determine where firms OCI, and smaller firms and govt. agencies pay close attention to the ranking minutiae when making hiring decisions.

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:06 pm

ArthurDigbySellers wrote:
Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:
Barbie wrote:UF employed at graduation- 60%
FSU employed at graduation- 71%

shitttt...........??

That's class of 2008 too. PRE ITE.


Law school grads 08 and before might not have been affected as badly, but how can you say that 08 was not "this economy"?

class of 08 did OCI in 06, summers in 07, and had their jobs in 08.

The problem of getting laid off once you had a job was not NEARLY as dire as the problem of firms simply not hiring as much as c/o 09, 10, 11 etc.

maglialoro
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby maglialoro » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:06 pm

-
Last edited by maglialoro on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:07 pm

Eagles_Legendz wrote:Floor fell out of Nova. Down to 84.

Meanwhile, Seton Hall, Temple and PSU all significantly ahead of them.


That's what they get for reporting their real stats this year.

flcath
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby flcath » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:07 pm

Anacreon wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:
ArthurDigbySellers wrote:I honestly cannot fathom how Minnesota bested BU in this year's rankings. It's got to be the law library. Minnesota has a huge one and BU's is a relative joke.


Rankings seem pretty useless after the T17.


A few hours ago anyone on here would've said t18.

What does ancient history matter?

Back in 2005 we would have used the term "T14" instead of the current T13... times change dude.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby romothesavior » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:07 pm

Anacreon wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:
ArthurDigbySellers wrote:I honestly cannot fathom how Minnesota bested BU in this year's rankings. It's got to be the law library. Minnesota has a huge one and BU's is a relative joke.


Rankings seem pretty useless after the T17.


A few hours ago anyone on here would've said t18.

Eh, not really. I've seen more people say T17 than T18.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby Gotti » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:07 pm

SirWilliam1022 wrote:If you want to go to NYC then I could see going to Fordham over GW and Boston... but only under that circumstance. You can probably leverage money out of Fordham with those other offers too.

My future husband is going to NYU in the fall. I love New York. I'm really trying to convince myself that $2-3k more per year for a school ranked 10 below GW is worth it. I want to be in NYC, but I'm just scared. I tried to Leverage $84k at UMN with Fordham and they didn't bite. Oh wells. I just need to be constantly reassured that this is the right decision. Does anyone know the approx % of BU and GW grads that go into biglaw?

SirWilliam1022
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:04 am

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby SirWilliam1022 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:08 pm

However, although I don't give much weight to rankings, I chose Northwestern with $75,000 over Texas with $93,000... Difference in debt off of tuition is $35000 because of respective tuition costs. The Northwestern program is the AJD which gives me an extra year of work (expecting I find work) and keeps living expenses comparable. Thoughts?

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby keg411 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:08 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Eagles_Legendz wrote:Floor fell out of Nova. Down to 84.

Meanwhile, Seton Hall, Temple and PSU all significantly ahead of them.


That's what they get for reporting their real stats this year.


Penn State and SHU are still way too high.

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby FiveSermon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:08 pm

Gotti wrote:
SirWilliam1022 wrote:If you want to go to NYC then I could see going to Fordham over GW and Boston... but only under that circumstance. You can probably leverage money out of Fordham with those other offers too.

My future husband is going to NYU in the fall. I love New York. I'm really trying to convince myself that $2-3k more per year for a school ranked 10 below GW is worth it. I want to be in NYC, but I'm just scared. I tried to Leverage $84k at UMN with Fordham and they didn't bite. Oh wells. I just need to be constantly reassured that this is the right decision. Does anyone know the approx % of BU and GW grads that go into biglaw?


Something like 31% for BU and 26% for GW?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby Grizz » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:08 pm

Holy shit Texas is T14 and I turned them down for Vandy which is only ranked 16. FUCK. I need to get my transfer app to there going RIGHT NAO

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby Justathought » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:09 pm

St. Johns at 95. About damn time. I'm sure next year they'll be 65th somehow, but the year after that....bam! Regional school!









Also, I laugh at classifying the 100th best school as national. It would be absurd if it weren't in the realm of overt deception.

User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby lisjjen » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:09 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Anacreon wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:
ArthurDigbySellers wrote:I honestly cannot fathom how Minnesota bested BU in this year's rankings. It's got to be the law library. Minnesota has a huge one and BU's is a relative joke.


Rankings seem pretty useless after the T17.


A few hours ago anyone on here would've said t18.

Eh, not really. I've seen more people say T17 than T18.


Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone gets that T18 only exists between Orange County and San Diego, and everywhere else, it's just T17. Or whatever the hell everyone decides to call it. T13, T15, etc.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:09 pm

keg411 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
Eagles_Legendz wrote:Floor fell out of Nova. Down to 84.

Meanwhile, Seton Hall, Temple and PSU all significantly ahead of them.


That's what they get for reporting their real stats this year.


Penn State and SHU are still way too high.


I couldn't agree more. I think Temple's rank is spot-on, however.

User avatar
gobucks101
Posts: 1393
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:43 am

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby gobucks101 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:09 pm

Emory 2L here. I hope this means we get some hot and stupid 1Ls next year




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger and 4 guests